Honored Contributor

Marathon this weekend on the Decades Channel. Such a cute show with so many good guest stars, many of whom were just beginning their careers.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Marathon this weekend on the Decades Channel. Such a cute show with so many good guest stars, many of whom were just beginning their careers.

hi @Shelbelle

too darn cold to go out and do errands!

i was doing some paperwork and checking out what was on tv and noticed that they were doing a LAS marathon! it is so fun seeing popular actors when they were younger. the set ups are corny, but funny......a nice show to have on in the background and watch on and off. i know one of my old favorite shows got their start from LAS,  happy days,

stay warm!!!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Ooh! I loved that show! Thanks for the post! Awesome idea for Valentine's Day!

Honored Contributor

Sun, I have been in since yesterday have a bad cold and cough, so no real Val Day for us this year. I hope to get out for work on Mon, but more snow is on the way, so I will go only if my hubby can take me. In the meantime, Happy Val Day to you!!!  Love American Style started when I was in high school!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Ohmygosh, I loved that show back in the day.  Thanks so much for posting!

Honored Contributor

Re: Love American Style

[ Edited ]

We used to watch this too...funny, predictable situations and the racy parts got the point across perfectly thru inuendo and not having to show stuff, if you KWIM.  And of course, I loved the theme song because The Cowsills sang it.  (Barry was one of my crushes growing up.  I was sorry to hear he passed away in 2005, right after Hurricane Katrina.) 

Esteemed Contributor

It was such a cute show at least he time. I loved the theme song!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Love American Style

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

We used to watch this too...funny, predictable situations and the racy parts got the point across perfectly thru inuendo and not having to show stuff, if you KWIM.  And of course, I loved the theme song because The Cowsills sang it.  (Barry was one of my crushes growing up.  I was sorry to hear he passed away in 2005, right after Hurricane Katrina.) 

Did you know The Cowsills only performed the theme song for Season 1, after that it was the Ron Hicklin Singers.