Honored Contributor

Love Actually Mini Sequel On NBC May 25th

There is a mini sequel to the film Love Actually with most of the original cast returning! (And I will miss one of my favorite actors, the late Alan Rickman).

I have mixed feelings about this.  I love the film and say "let well enough alone."

I don't really want to know what happens later to these characters after their happy ending.  But of course I will watch it -- to see what happens!

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/02/love-actually-sequel-reunion-red-nose-day-richard-curtis...

Honored Contributor

Re: Love Actually Mini Sequel On NBC May 25th

Love Actually is one of my favorite films. I always try to catch it when they play it around the holidays. I could also pop in the DVD - since I only owned about 10 DVDs in total.

I probably will watch it - and then wished I didn't and complain about it here lol

Esteemed Contributor

Mini-sequel is being generous. Did I read it's a short...and by short I mean 10 minutes? 

I guess it's better than nothing, but if they could do it justice, a real sequel would have me jumping on the couch have been great.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2, @Pearlee, @Yahooey,

"Love, Actually" is one of my favorite movies.

This short was produced for England's Red Nose Day which is fundraiser put on by Comic Relief UK.  So that is why it was produced, to help raise money for charity.  I was not even aware it's being shown in the US so thanks, Pearley.

Emma Thompson wouldn't come back because she said it would be too sad without Alan Rickman.  Rodrigo Santoro (be still my heart) and others didn't come back either.

"Plumpy" is still together with the former prime minister.  Love that!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@SusieQ_2, @Pearlee, @Yahooey,

"Love, Actually" is one of my favorite movies.

This short was produced for England's Red Nose Day which is fundraiser put on by Comic Relief UK.  So that is why it was produced, to help raise money for charity.  I was not even aware it's being shown in the US so thanks, Pearley.

Emma Thompson wouldn't come back because she said it would be too sad without Alan Rickman.  Rodrigo Santoro (be still my heart) and others didn't come back either.

"Plumpy" is still together with the former prime minister.  Love that!

@LoriLori   "Plumpy" is not only together with him, they are married. 

Yes, too sad without Alan Rickman.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I've ever seen this movie in its entirety. I'll see if Netflix has it.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower, Showtime has it, they show it a lot.

@Pearlee, every time (like now) I think about Natalie's dad referring to as "Plumpy" to the Prime Minister of England I laugh.  Like I'm laughing now.  So funny.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower, Showtime has it, they show it a lot.

@Pearlee, every time (like now) I think about Natalie's dad referring to as "Plumpy" to the Prime Minister of England I laugh.  Like I'm laughing now.  So funny.

@LoriLori  I like the scene with Hugh Grant and his female aide when he asks her about Natlie and the aide says, "the chubby one?"  and Hugh says, "ooohhhhhhhh would we say that?" and the aide says, "yes sire.  Huge thighs!"  LOL

From the promo photos I've been seeing, Natalie looks exactly the same and Hugh hasn't aged well.   I did not see him in the film where Meryl Streep is that awful singer (the one for which she was nominated for an Oscar) so I didn't know if his wrinkly face was all makeup in that film or not.   I think not.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori@Pearlee

there are so many good scenes...

Prime Minister dancing when no one was looking and then was caught by a stern lookig woman (forgot who she was supposed to be)

Colin Firth and the housekeeper - both sopping wet talking and gesturing to each other as they were picking up the wet manuscript. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee, I just googled what Hugh Grant looks like now and he does have some wrinkles but IMO he's still quite handsome and attractive.