Honored Contributor

Re: Love Actually Mini Sequel On NBC May 25th

@Pearlee, whatevs.  The point of my post was because @sallybusky said "I fear that this 10-minute video will hurt the fantasy" and I was pointing out that a) it's for charity, that is the sole reason it was done and b) she doesn't have to watch.

BTW Showtime is running it in high rotation right now so if you want to you can probably catch it, and I have Comcast and they have it On Demand.

(And BTW while I have your attention, sorry to go OT people, Dr. Werner Spitz is fighting that Burke Ramsey lawsuit, they have had several case conferences already, they say they're determined not to settle, they are calling Lin Wood/Team Ramsey's bluff.)

Honored Contributor

This was fun!

http://pagesix.com/2017/03/23/who-has-aged-best-from-the-love-actually-cast/#1

Really nice to see Sam all grown up.

My vote about the aging goes to Liam Neeson (per the photos in the link).

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee, cute piece.  My vote for best is Keira Knightly.  Timeless beauty.  Time has been kind to most of them (except maybe the actor who holds up the signs in the movie).  Ironic that "Plumpy" is now truly plumpy. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Pearlee, cute piece.  My vote for best is Keira Knightly.  Timeless beauty.  Time has been kind to most of them (except maybe the actor who holds up the signs in the movie).  Ironic that "Plumpy" is now truly plumpy. 

@LoriLori  I think Andrew Lincoln would look much closer to his Love A. self if he shaved off his graying beard. I think in fact he has aged pretty well.   I agree Keira has aged wonderfully, but Liam Neeson makes my heart go pitter patter so he got my vote!.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reminder!  Love Actually Red Nose Day sequel airs on Thursday on NBC - tune in at 10:00 pm.Watch the trailer in the link below - everyone looks great!  Smiley Happy

http://people.com/movies/red-nose-day-actually-what-to-know-about-the-love-actually-sequel-airing-on...

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Pearlee, I just googled what Hugh Grant looks like now and he does have some wrinkles but IMO he's still quite handsome and attractive.

Love hugh Grant!  Only reason I have watched Love Actually like only a million times!!!'  I've seen everything g he has ever been in .  My favorite line is when he referred to Margaret Thatcher as "you saucy minx" lol !  Love the dancing as well !  Oh and of course the song !!  

Honored Contributor

I've seen bits and pieces of the 10-minute update from when it was shown in the UK, a few weeks ago. The bit I haven't yet seen is the one with a now-married Jamie and Aurelia and their kids. Can't wait to see that one!

Oddly, I was in a nearby resort town a few days ago and went into a shop called Aurelia's (the owner).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Rminder - tune in tonight at 10:00pm NBC.  I don't know where in the scheme of things this will appear during the Red Nose show.  When I see the 15 min. sequel, I sure am going to miss Alan Rickman.  Smiley Sad   May he RIP.

Honored Contributor

Having watched this last night, I retract my point above about Liam Neeson having aged the best.   Not!  The worst was Hugh Grant IMO.  He looks quite a bit older and has gained weight so that his "cutesy" dance was not nearly as cute this time around.  I had read that Laura Linney wasn't in this because of a play she was doing so I was surprised that she was.

I really wish NBC had run the video all at once rather than splitting it up.  In any event, it was disappointing.  I think they should have left well enough alone.