Esteemed Contributor

Re: Live With Kelly 05/23/16

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Jleah wrote:

I think Kelly is very well paid, and should have been more mature about showing up for work instead of taking off like a spoiled child. I googled her salary and she supposedly makes about 20 million dollars a year to do the show. When she refused to show up for work, she put her show and staff at jeopardy. Sure, she was upset but that behaviour made her look petty and without class. I think she acts like a spoiled rotten brat and it wouldn't bother me a bit to hear that her show was cancelled. I read that Michael will be doubling his salary with his move to GMA. I don't blame him for leaving, and if he was told not to say anything until it was a done deal, I don't blame him for keeping quiet about it. 

@Jleah  She took a couple days off work.  That's not putting any of her coworker's jobs in jeopardy.  No one knows what was said to her bosses, so for all we know, they could have given their blessing for her to take some time out.  Considering the way the news of Michael's departure unfolded, do you really think the producers of Live! would have wanted her to come on the show the next morning and share what was going on in her life while sitting next to the person who betrayed and publicly humiliated her?  Anyone who says she should have kept a stiff upper lip is not very keen on the concept of dignity.  No self-respecting human being in her situation would have sat next to that guy the next morning.  She needed, and certainly deserved some time to heal.  So unless you've been pubicly humiliated on a national level in the press, give the lady some slack for taking a few days off from work.

Well first of all, had Kelly not made such a public scene about it, no one would have even known that she didn't find out about Michael leaving until a little before we all did.  She would never have been "humiliated" had she not made such an uproar about it, drawing even more attention to it then need be.  

Secondly, Michael leaving her is "betrayal'?  Well then in that case, thousands of working people are "betrayed" every day because lots of people leave their current employment for greener pastures.  But I betcha they don't not show up to work the next few days to prove their displeasure.

No kidding!  If we all decided to stay home when we were upset by our boss, or weren't informed that a team member was moving on, we would be fired in no time.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Jleah wrote:

I think Kelly is very well paid, and should have been more mature about showing up for work instead of taking off like a spoiled child. I googled her salary and she supposedly makes about 20 million dollars a year to do the show. When she refused to show up for work, she put her show and staff at jeopardy. Sure, she was upset but that behaviour made her look petty and without class. I think she acts like a spoiled rotten brat and it wouldn't bother me a bit to hear that her show was cancelled. I read that Michael will be doubling his salary with his move to GMA. I don't blame him for leaving, and if he was told not to say anything until it was a done deal, I don't blame him for keeping quiet about it. 

@Jleah  She took a couple days off work.  That's not putting any of her coworker's jobs in jeopardy.  No one knows what was said to her bosses, so for all we know, they could have given their blessing for her to take some time out.  Considering the way the news of Michael's departure unfolded, do you really think the producers of Live! would have wanted her to come on the show the next morning and share what was going on in her life while sitting next to the person who betrayed and publicly humiliated her?  Anyone who says she should have kept a stiff upper lip is not very keen on the concept of dignity.  No self-respecting human being in her situation would have sat next to that guy the next morning.  She needed, and certainly deserved some time to heal.  So unless you've been pubicly humiliated on a national level in the press, give the lady some slack for taking a few days off from work.

Well first of all, had Kelly not made such a public scene about it, no one would have even known that she didn't find out about Michael leaving until a little before we all did.  She would never have been "humiliated" had she not made such an uproar about it, drawing even more attention to it then need be.  

Secondly, Michael leaving her is "betrayal'?  Well then in that case, thousands of working people are "betrayed" every day because lots of people leave their current employment for greener pastures.  But I betcha they don't not show up to work the next few days to prove their displeasure.

No kidding!  If we all decided to stay home when we were upset by our boss, or weren't informed that a team member was moving on, we would be fired in no time.

-----------------

Yes, common sense is alive and well! 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Jleah wrote:

-----------------

@Nancy Drew @colliegirls Yes, please tell us all about your experiences being pubicly humiliated on a national level because of your coworker's actions, and how you walked into work the next day with your head held high.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackaranda wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Jleah wrote:

-----------------

People keep comparing apples and oranges situations here.   Kelly isn't just a minimum wage or insignificant employee.

Example ......   If YOU were a MAJOR part of a very successful, large department and top management made a major change behind your back, and didn't even give you the courtesy of a heads up, well, most people would feel snubbed, if nothing else.      

This isn't rocket science, but some people just don't get it.   Go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of unkind comment

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I thought Kelly and Fred were fantastic together! I loved Fred as a co-host the last time and yesterday he killed it!I don't see Kelly as a "spoiled child" as so many are calling her. I see her as a woman that stood up to her bosses and refused to be treated without respect. Wouldn't you all love to do that? I applaud her. Hope to see "LIVE with Kelly and Fred"! Woman Happy

Although I'm not a fan, I'm inclined to agree.

Respected Contributor

Napoleon complex...must be tough being locked in a body of a 7th or 8th grader.  I think she's a angry little lady...sorry to offend her fans, but I know there are many who feel the same as I do.

Honored Contributor

i very rarely watch this show.......i get my morning fix with THE VIEW.

on watch what happens live tonight andy said he would be co-hosting with kelly and i know he is friends with her. i may watch one or both of those days.

maybe it should be a husband/wife show now?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

I am not going to watch LIVE anymore since Kelly acted like a spoiled child.  I can't imagine wanting to a co-host with such a self absorbed individual.

I missed how taking a few personal days meant she was spoiled and self-absorbed.  If I had been betrayed by a coworker and friend in the workplace, I would probably take a few days off to reassess my situation, too.  Trauma comes in many forms, including a death in the family, learning of a friend's grave illness, or being betrayed by those you trusted.  I don't see any problem with taking personal days for any of these reasons.  

Agreed, and from what I have read she actually only took the one day off because of that; the rest of the days were previously-scheduled days off.  I can see where she would want to take the one day to get her thoughts together and emotions in check.