Esteemed Contributor

Re: Last night's Downtown Abbey -- spoilers possible

It's DOWNTON Abbey.  Why do you misspell it?

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

It's DOWNTON Abbey.  Why do you misspell it?

That is just a common mistake.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I stand corrected.

I realized it after the fact and just let it go.

Why?  Stupid, lazy, careless.  Your choice.

Honored Contributor

It's Downton Abbey.

It's not Downtown Abbey.  I don't know who said what, but it's not that big of a deal.  We all know who the person is talking about.  Everyone makes mistakes.

Honored Contributor

I'm always pronouncing it Downtown Abbey or Downtown Abby LOL

Drives my sister nuts !

Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

The person I have always most disliked is the HORRIBLE, pushy, imperious, self-righteous witch who is taking over the hospital.  I hope Violet slaps her.  And that wimpy droopy icky daughter-in-law with her.  The woman is insufferable too.

I'm confused.  Who is this character you despise?  Cora?  Who's the daughter-in-law?

Wondering the same thing.  If it is Cora she doesn't have a daughter in law.  If it's Isobel, are you meaning Lady Mary, who was married to her son?  I love both Cora and Isobel, particularly Isobel, a caring but strong woman.

Cora the wimpy and isobel (sp?) the self-righteous one. Sorry.  I can never remember their names.  I'm not very good at tv watching am I?  LOL!!!!  I don't pay attention.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

On another, but related note, for anyone interested, Julian Fellowes had a great role in a more modern story, Monarch of the Glenn. 

I watched it years ago, and recently watched it again.  It's a marvelous story that takes place in another castle. 

He's delightful on screen -- the kind of person you would want to know and be friends with.  Such a creative writer!

@Witchy Woman, I've watched Monarch of the Glen twice on Netflix, the whole series!  It is sooo corny, but for some bizarre reason I really liked it.  I love Duncan and Kilwillie (played by Julian Fellowes).  

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

On another, but related note, for anyone interested, Julian Fellowes had a great role in a more modern story, Monarch of the Glenn. 

I watched it years ago, and recently watched it again.  It's a marvelous story that takes place in another castle. 

He's delightful on screen -- the kind of person you would want to know and be friends with.  Such a creative writer!

@Witchy Woman, I've watched Monarch of the Glen twice on Netflix, the whole series!  It is sooo corny, but for some bizarre reason I really liked it.  I love Duncan and Kilwillie (played by Julian Fellowes).  

Yes, I've watched it twice too and loved every silly minute of it.  Had a crush on Duncan and was sorry that Kilwillie did not get to marry Molly.  Although I did feel Golly was a better match.  It was a fun series!

Respected Contributor

I'm sure Fellowes is getting ready to tie everything up in a nice package where everyone lives happily ever after.  I have never liked the last season of any show.  This season is boring and every one on the show seem out of sorts.  Tom doesn't even look like he belongs in this season. 

Honored Contributor

It's probably a figment of my imagination (something I thought I'd read somewhere) that Mary doesn't get married at the end and continues on as usual.  Like I said I don't know where I read it.  It may have been spoken like, 'well Mary will never be happy'.

He has said over and over that he thinks everyone will like the ending so I wouldn't think he'd leave Mary unhappy.