Esteemed Contributor

Re: Last night's Downtown Abbey -- spoilers possible

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

If it's spoilers you want, you can find a complete synopsis of each episode simply by googling season 6 with the episode number.  They were posted within minutes after they aired in England last fall.

Like others here, I've seen the rest of the episodes and enjoyed them.

That is good to know, Abbey.  Maybe Annabelle will watch online. But, her other question is how to discuss a show if no one wants to participate do to "spoiling" it for others.....I would be afraid to go into too much detail as I might accidentally start discussing episodes that haven't been shown on TV yet.  But, it's all good.

Trusted Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

That is good to know, Abbey.  Maybe Annabelle will watch online. But, her other question is how to discuss a show if no one wants to participate do to "spoiling" it for others.....I would be afraid to go into too much detail as I might accidentally start discussing episodes that haven't been shown on TV yet.  But, it's all good.

I hear you.  I see so many comments on this thread I'd love to comment on but I'd be spoiling future episodes.

Knowing what I know, I see things in the season's previews others would not see.

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th  You guys make sense about knowing ahead.  Typical of me though I STILL could not find out about the end and it is just as well because I'm sure I'd blab without realizing.  I've now bored with looking for it (also typical of me).

I'll just wait.  But if I didn't want to know anything about any of the shows ahead of time I wouldn't come on here, that's just me though.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I admit I'm one of the people who don't mind reading spoilers.

However, if you read the headline it does say, "RE: Last night's Downtown Abbey - spoilers possible.

I didn't see anything that said the ending, but it does say there are possible spoilers right in the heading.  Just being fair here.

Yes, it does say that.  To me, though, that means spoilers about the episode that was just shown, not spoilers about the ending of the series.  I think a lot of people don't want to know that.  I don't read this post until after I've watched the current episode.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The person I have always most disliked is the HORRIBLE, pushy, imperious, self-righteous witch who is taking over the hospital.  I hope Violet slaps her.  And that wimpy droopy icky daughter-in-law with her.  The woman is insufferable too.

I'm confused.  Who is this character you despise?  Cora?  Who's the daughter-in-law?

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I admit I'm one of the people who don't mind reading spoilers.

However, if you read the headline it does say, "RE: Last night's Downtown Abbey - spoilers possible.

I didn't see anything that said the ending, but it does say there are possible spoilers right in the heading.  Just being fair here.

Yes, it does say that.  To me, though, that means spoilers about the episode that was just shown, not spoilers about the ending of the series.  I think a lot of people don't want to know that.  I don't read this post until after I've watched the current episode.

Spoilers are any spoilers, not just the only kind you want ....  just as the title indicated.    You were forewarned.  

If it's really that big a deal to you, don't open any threads that say there are spoilers.   

Honored Contributor

I didn't type anything about the ending.  I don't know the ending.  Why am I being accused of displaying the ending?

Esteemed Contributor

Hey, I'm the one who started the thread and I love spoilers, but I realize not everyone does.

I agree, if you don't want to know nothin' about nothin' don't open the thread.

I've never understood all the uproar, myself.  It is, after all, just a TV show -- not your life.  Although, I wouldn't mind a spoiler there, either Woman LOL

In any event, I did do a bit of searching and found all the important outcomes, so I'm happy.

Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

The person I have always most disliked is the HORRIBLE, pushy, imperious, self-righteous witch who is taking over the hospital.  I hope Violet slaps her.  And that wimpy droopy icky daughter-in-law with her.  The woman is insufferable too.

I'm confused.  Who is this character you despise?  Cora?  Who's the daughter-in-law?

Wondering the same thing.  If it is Cora she doesn't have a daughter in law.  If it's Isobel, are you meaning Lady Mary, who was married to her son?  I love both Cora and Isobel, particularly Isobel, a caring but strong woman.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Isabel, she is a strong lady.I don't see any one spoiling this thread,at all,we are just talking about what we have saw on  the last episode.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.