Regular Contributor

'LITTLE PEOPLE BIG WORLD’ Season 12 Renewal

http://www.thewrap.com/little-people-big-world-lands-season-12-renewal-from-tlc-exclusive/

25 July 2016

“Little People, Big World” will return to TLC for Season 12 this fall, TheWrap has learned exclusively.

New episodes follow the different paths Matt and Amy Roloff take as a newly divorced couple, per the Discovery-owned cable channel.

The show finds Amy navigating her next chapter in life, and Matt facing a new reality post-surgery.

In the midst of the change in family dynamics, their children continue to grow and navigate adulthood.

The series has averaged 1.7 million total viewers to-date over its current run.

“Little People, Big World” will air a two-hour 10th-anniversary (based on calendar years) special, on which the family takes a look back at their lives in front of and behind the cameras.

The show retrospective runs on Tuesday Aug. 2 at 9/8c.

The hit reality series is produced for TLC by Discovery Studios in association with Gay Rosenthal Productions.

Honored Contributor

Re: 'LITTLE PEOPLE BIG WORLD’ Season 12 Renewal

I found myself watching a couple of epidsodes recently.

sort of interesting, 

what do you think about the show

Super Contributor

I think they are trying to keep the show going by focusing on the twins as their main story line. Really surprised by Amy's tatoo.

Honored Contributor

I just find the show S L O W  and L O N G.  Hard to sit through it. Story lines are just BORING. 

Honored Contributor

I found the show to be very interesting in the early years, but stopped watching 4+ seasons ago.   I got bored with Matt, annoyed with their lazy children, fed up with Amy's snarkiness, turned the channel and never looked back.   

Esteemed Contributor

ITA with @RedTop. Does anyone know if the kids are taking over the farm yet? Farming seems like a lot of work, don't know if the kids have that kind of drive to make it a lifetime thing. JMO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The kids have matured a great deal.   Jeremy and Molly graduated from college (Molly just recently).   Zach has always been employed.   We don't know much about Jake these days, because he has pretty much extricated himself from the public end of things.

As for the three we know about, they have become productive, and very admirable, members of society.

I've watched the shows from the beginning and still enjoy it.  Sure, lots of things have changed but that's the way life goes.  

Initially, I thought Amy was a bit of a shrew.  I was later to realize that she has always put her family first and the problem was always Matt.  Matt always seemed to be out for - well, MATT!    It was nice, in the recent episode to see Matt actually realize and verbalize that he is impossible to live with.  I know he loves his kids, but he just always seemed to have his head in the clouds and it seemed like nobody could get to him unless they agreed with everything he said and/or did.

Oh, and I'm glad there will be at least another season.  Smiley Happy  I'll continue to watch for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I found the show to be very interesting in the early years, but stopped watching 4+ seasons ago.   I got bored with Matt, annoyed with their lazy children, fed up with Amy's snarkiness, turned the channel and never looked back.   ---------------------------------

Interesting...I was just telling my DD that I would probably not be watching the show anymore for the same reasons!  The show has lost its uniqueness.  I think they are milking the twins' stories just to keep the viewers and money coming to the network!

Honored Contributor

I don't think the kids will end up taking over the farm. They'll probably hire someone to do it.

Respected Contributor

I watched this show from the beginning but now the kids are grown & living their lives, I feel they have ran out of story lines & should just let it go.