Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Should the creature be caught and studied is one thing.  Hunting and killing it is entirely another.  It may turn out to have many human genes which would then make the killing of such a beast Murder. 

It is man who has trespassed on their land and territory.  It would open up a can of worms and in my ancestors beliefs - many curses upon those who harm, kill or desire the creatures dead. 

What fanasy world are you living in??? PLEASE! 

@SeaMaiden

@Puzzle Piece, I surmise, is of Native American Indian descent, judging by this statement in red above and her sig line, "Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust " and is saying that this is the belief system of her culture.

There are many, many different cultures and belief systems in our society, some of which we personally may not agree or identify with.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I'm a non-believe in Sasquatches.  I didn't know about this show but I do watch Finding Bigfoot on the Animal Planet.  I believe it is on Sunday evenings.  I don't watch because I think this group of Bozo's will actually find a Bigfoot but, rather, it's one of the best comedies on TV.  The things they do to catch Bigfoot are some of the stupidest methods ever.  They have thermal cameras and will see something off in the distance....only to find out it is a rabbit.  I literally SMH at their stupidity (and they're supposedly experts in the field).  I have heard them mention a few times that it is illegal to kill a sasquatch but that must be different in each state. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Can I sell you a bridge?

No, but I have some ocean  front property in Arizona  I can sell you!

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Should the creature be caught and studied is one thing.  Hunting and killing it is entirely another.  It may turn out to have many human genes which would then make the killing of such a beast Murder. 

It is man who has trespassed on their land and territory.  It would open up a can of worms and in my ancestors beliefs - many curses upon those who harm, kill or desire the creatures dead. 

What fanasy world are you living in??? PLEASE! 

@SeaMaiden

@Puzzle Piece, I surmise, is of Native American Indian descent, judging by this statement in red above and her sig line, "Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust " and is saying that this is the belief system of her culture.

There are many, many different cultures and belief systems in our society, some of which we personally may not agree or identify with.

Yes, @SeaMaiden you are correct.  It is complete ignorance on the part of those that either say or post things about the creature without know their history or the facts and history of other cultures and peoples.  My people know what it is like to be hunted and killed just because.

Many things exist in modern society which cannot be proven - many have to do with relijuns - they are really into airy fairy things. 

We used to have a house on some property in Redding Ca before it became over populated with people moving in.  My mother insisted we sell the house as it was just a vacation home and two of the creatures frightened her one morning while she was up fixing breakfast.  She looked out the window and they were there looking back at her. 

She knew they were curious and didn't like humans trespassing on their territory.  The house was sold and we left never bothering the creatures. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Can I sell you a bridge?

No, but I have some ocean  front property in Arizona  I can sell you!

I'll bet that is a heck of a long pier. ROFLOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Killing Bigfoot

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece  You never mentioned in your opening post that you were discussing this Big Foot issue from YOUR cultural viewpoint, "your people" as you put it. You were talking about some TV show on hunting down BigFoot.  So do not put a cultural spin on it now telling me that I am insensitive.  My feelings are that  pictures, films, stories on Big foot, space aliens, ghosts, and  UFOs are  fake.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden The show does deal with something you believe is 'fake".  I don't believe it to be so.  My mother would never fake such an experience.  My view is cultural because it is from me. 

I never used the word insensitive.  I welcomed various views but I don't welcome insults and criticism of other people's experiences.  You have veiled your opinion on the show/subject with insults.  Own it. 

Valued Contributor

I love the show "Finding Bigfoot" and I believe the poster's mother saw those creatures.I never met anybody who saw a Bigfoot, but they could be real.

Esteemed Contributor

I will add that about 22 years ago, we were hiking up in Oregon in a wooded area not traveled by many.  I stopped and just knew...............the stench is something you don't forget.  We went back quickly and left the area.  I knew we were watched and trespassig as well. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate