Trusted Contributor

Ken Burns' Civil War Series Returns September 7 to PBS

Just a reminder that the wonderful Ken Burns' series on the Civil War will return next week on PBS. It will run five consecutive nights from Monday September 7 through Friday September 11. Check your local PBS channels for the exact time. I remember watching this back in 1990 and absolutely loving it! Burns has updated it with HD technology. It is well-worth seeing if you are at all interested in the Civil War.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ken Burns' Civil War Series Returns September 7 to PBS

Thank you for the heads-up, Monetfan.  We will again watch this.  It was such a wonderful series.  Done with such sensitivity.

Did you catch his latest series, The Roosevelts?  Anything Ken Burns does is fantastic.  Thanks again.

Esteemed Contributor

I can' t ,tremember, did he do the TEXAS RISING series?  That was great.  Thanks for the info, I'll watch.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for this information.  This is my favorite series by Ken Burns and I will absolutely tune in to see it again.  I happen to be on vacation next week, so it will work out very well. :-)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

Pam - Yes we did watch the series on the Roosevelts and thought it, too, was wonderful! Looking forward to next week!

Valued Contributor

I could watch this event over and over.  Ken Burns (and his team) is an absolute genious--I love everything he does.  I, too, enjoyed the Roosevelts--really learned a lot.

Trusted Contributor

@Monetfan wrote:

Just a reminder that the wonderful Ken Burns' series on the Civil War will return next week on PBS. It will run five consecutive nights from Monday September 7 through Friday September 11. Check your local PBS channels for the exact time. I remember watching this back in 1990 and absolutely loving it! Burns has updated it with HD technology. It is well-worth seeing if you are at all interested in the Civil War.

thank you for posting this!

Honored Contributor

It was really good last night.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I just found that the series is also available on NETFLIX at this time!

Esteemed Contributor

Also watched GETTYSBURG just before on PBS VERY GOOD.