Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

In @haddon9 defense, I've heard Kelly's inferences about being fat looking.  I can't recall a specific time because I hardly ever watch the show.  I mostly, through the years, have seen her as an occasional guest on a night time show.  She'd say something like she over ate something or she felt bloated from what she ate or she had to do extra cardio.

I never heard her say the words "I'm fat" but she inferred it. 

ITA!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Just an observation ..... in many different threads .....  with different subjects .....  on this message board ...... over a period of time, there are always those that just cannot stand when a smart, pretty woman who works hard makes a lot of money.  

They just can't stand it.   It is what it is.

--------------

Oh jeez, the jealousy card. If a man did this I would have the same opinion. I don't think she was hired for her looks either. When will women stop pulling the women card? 

Women will stop pulling the women card when it ceases to be true. Beautiful, intelligent women who make a lot of money are raked over the coals here on a daily basis. It is what it is.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kelly Ripa's Return

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

In @haddon9 defense, I've heard Kelly's inferences about being fat looking.  I can't recall a specific time because I hardly ever watch the show.  I mostly, through the years, have seen her as an occasional guest on a night time show.  She'd say something like she over ate something or she felt bloated from what she ate or she had to do extra cardio.

I never heard her say the words "I'm fat" but she inferred it. 

Thank you Mmsfoxxie  & Winamac...I knew I wasn't imagining it....and I really have no reason to make this up.

However like I said I just don't watch her very much so I'm assuming that she doesn't make those comments anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Just an observation ..... in many different threads .....  with different subjects .....  on this message board ...... over a period of time, there are always those that just cannot stand when a smart, pretty woman who works hard makes a lot of money.  

I find many hard working successful and attractive women very admirable.  I just don't happen to like kelly Ripa...or the kardashian family.  Are we not allowed to dislike some people?...I don't share their values and find the bunch of them (Kelly included) very annoying & grating!

I can only assume by your comments that you must like everyone...an admirable trait!

Honored Contributor

Re: Kelly Ripa's Return

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I find many hard working successful and attractive women very admirable.  I just don't happen to like kelly Ripa...or the kardashian family.  Are we not allowed to dislike some people?...I don't share their values and find the bunch of them (Kelly included) very annoying & grating!

I can only assume by your comments that you must like everyone...an admirable trait!

ITA

I'm very impressed with hard working and successful women.  If they are beautiful, I'm the first to say.  I agree with your comments about Ripa, and I don't find her in the least bit interesting.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

From what I've seen watching Live for the past five or so years (sometimes every day of the week, sometimes not, but if not then at least a couple of times a week), the only times I've heard her mention being heavy is when she was speaking about the times she was pregnant.

She is skilled at what she does.  Perhaps she could be more "learned," since it's clear occasionally she doesn't know a few things, but that doesn't affect the main part of her job all that much.

And her job is clearly to elicit responses from the celebrities who are on the show to plug their latest projects.  They are not there to chat about their personal lives, even though we are sometimes treated to bits and pieces of their home lives and so make their professional projects all that much more alluring. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.