Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

Meanwhile.......millions of Americans go to work today despite not liking what the boss did yesterday.....

Exactly!!  Regular people go to work everyday and there are times they are not happy with what transpired in the office or with their supervisors.  Yes, most su-k it up and take the high road, and all without millions of dollars as their pay.

Actually she  probably made a good choice not coming in not knowing whether the show she stars in was possibly going to end if GMA was given her time slot.  Sure she was concerned about her livelihood (no matter how much she has and makes) as well as all the employees there who depend on their jobs.  This is a WAY different scenario than just not liking what the boss did yesterday!!!  She was able to get assurances about the show and that is great.  

And many many "regular" people DO call off work every day because of something they didn't like that happened in their workplace!!  Just in the place I worked alone I have seen workers call off because they did not want to have to do their job (the way they wanted) or were told they had to adhere to their scheduled start, break or lunch time or would have cover for a job for other's lunch or breaks and THEY didn't want to!!!   She definitely was, as were all the employees at LIVE, disrespected by the COMPANY and should have been given assurances that even though they were putting Michael on GMA to boost ratings, LIVE was going nowhere even if their timeslot was taken over.  Definitely handled poorly by a large company that should have execs that know better - especially since LIVE is one of the top rated talk shows.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I rarely and I mean rarely think someone is too thin.  In Kelly's case, she is very very thin.

She is thin but she has plenty of muscle. Today she looked thinner than usual which could very well be the result of stress from the whole debacle.

awwwwww.....poor baby has it so hard......

Yes, she does have plenty of muscle.  She works out like a fiend--nothing wrong with that.  I just don't find her figure attractive at all.  She looks like a child. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

Meanwhile.......millions of Americans go to work today despite not liking what the boss did yesterday.....

Exactly!!  Regular people go to work everyday and there are times they are not happy with what transpired in the office or with their supervisors.  Yes, most su-k it up and take the high road, and all without millions of dollars as their pay.

Actually she  probably made a good choice not coming in not knowing whether the show she stars in was possibly going to end if GMA was given her time slot.  Sure she was concerned about her livelihood (no matter how much she has and makes) as well as all the employees there who depend on their jobs.  This is a WAY different scenario than just not liking what the boss did yesterday!!!  She was able to get assurances about the show and that is great.  

And many many "regular" people DO call off work every day because of something they didn't like that happened in their workplace!!  Just in the place I worked alone I have seen workers call off because they did not want to have to do their job (the way they wanted) or were told they had to adhere to their scheduled start, break or lunch time or would have cover for a job for other's lunch or breaks and THEY didn't want to!!!   She definitely was, as were all the employees at LIVE, disrespected by the COMPANY and should have been given assurances that even though they were putting Michael on GMA to boost ratings, LIVE was going nowhere even if their timeslot was taken over.  Definitely handled poorly by a large company that should have execs that know better - especially since LIVE is one of the top rated talk shows.

Mature and responsible workers do not take off every time they are in a tiff.

Contributor

Of course it was publicity.......Kelly thinks she's the show, her actions now are like when Kathie Lee was there.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Kelly Ripa's Return

[ Edited ]

It definitely WASN'T just a tiff!  Stars on shows often stay away until major issues are resolved.  Just because some do not like Kelly doesn't make it "just a  tiff"!  There were many jobs on the line and it does appear like this info was not supposed to get out until she was on vacation for her anniversary.  Had the execs at the company did the right thing and just were honest with those working at LIVE and gave the employees of LIVE the respect they deserved (especially since it's an award winning show bringing in the money) and sat down with those in charge of the show and explained  the future of the show, Kelly would not have had to stay out that one day before her planned vacation to get a a resolution.  Any company owes honesty to their employees - even if they plan to get rid of them all - rather than blindsiding them.  To me that shows a gutless uncaring company and any employee who allows themselves to be stomped on like they were nothing to the company deserves what they get and will NEVER have the respect of the management and they will get dumped on over and over by not speaking up on important issues!!!   A company that treats their employees respectfully will have a stronger harder working staff!  Michael was also not respected because it put him in a bad situation.  By telling all involved the plan ahead of time it could have been a nice happy way for it to be announced on air with congrats to Michael on his new appointment.

Respected Contributor

I don't know any of these people but I do know that it's all about ratings and everyone, the company and the people involved are all looking out for themselves.  Any company will do what's best for the company to continue to make money.  If GMA ratings are slipping, they'll do what they need to do to try to bring them up and if that means, at some point, moving Live to another time slot, that's what the company will do.  Live is only important to the company as long as it's bringing in the revenue the company thinks it should.  No matter who you are or how much you make, you don't want to lose the job that you have unless you're going to get a better one and make more money.  Kelly Ripa's behavior was unprofessional, no matter how she was treated by the company.  She has every right to feel the way she does and act upon it but privately.  Like she said, her father who drove a bus for 30 years thought they were all nuts and he's right. 

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I rarely and I mean rarely think someone is too thin.  In Kelly's case, she is very very thin.

She is thin but she has plenty of muscle. Today she looked thinner than usual which could very well be the result of stress from the whole debacle.

Yes, she does have plenty of muscle.  She works out like a fiend--nothing wrong with that.  I just don't find her figure attractive at all.  She looks like a child. 

@winamac1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

She once said that Mark likes her like that....very fit and no body fat. 

Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

She looks like a 12 year old boy.  A woman is more attractive with curves, than without.  Softens her up, none of these hard lines which I would expect from a man's physique.  

Honored Contributor

I am not sure what Regis, Kathy Lee, or Kelly's weight/body frame as anything to do with he being treated poorly by her Employer. 

As far as going to work or not it has been reported many times and in many places that the trip had been planned for weeks to celebrate her anniversary.  The photo of her wearing her $199.00 weddding dress on the trip was cute. 

ABC did wrong from start to finish in this thing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

AND.... they make peanuts.  

EXACTLY what I think.  I don't watch the show and I don't care for Kelly Rippa.  It is absolutely mind-boggling to me the amount of money she makes for sitting and talking about basically nothing for less than an hour every day.  This is just another example of how our world is SOOOOO messed up, in my opinion.