Respected Contributor

I was curious as to what Kelly was going to say this morning about her return to the show.  I thought she did a good job of communicating with ABC and it sounds as though there is a better understanding between her and the station.

I heard that there was some concern that GMA would go to 3 hours which would run into her time.  But, she said that ABC considered her show a priority which I'm sure set her mind at ease.

Frequent Contributor

What did she say? I walked in just as she was finishing saying something and they went back to her and Michael.

Respected Contributor

Don't you think it was just publicity?

Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

My thoughts exactly.  Ratings were down.

Respected Contributor

@Katyq wrote:

What did she say? I walked in just as she was finishing saying something and they went back to her and Michael.

@Katyq  I only watched the first few minutes but she said that she was very appreciative of all the support she received from fans and staff.  Also, she had a good conversation with ABC about communicating so something like this doesn't happen again.  ABC assured her that the Live show was a priority to them because there were rumors about GMA going to 3 hours.  It sounds as though she has a better working relationship with ABC now and it showed.  My opinion is that she handled it very well. 

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Sunshine Kate - Do you mean the way ABC treated Kelly was just a publicty stunt?  I personally don't think so.

Or, do you mean her return this morning?  Sure it was publicity.  There is no show on TV that isn't  about ratings. 

Esteemed Contributor

Me,me,me.

It seems stilted between them today.

Honored Contributor

People still watch that show? LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Kelly Ripa's Return

[ Edited ]

I think she did a great job speaking to the audience.  I believe her when she explained what transpired.  I don't believe her being gone was in any way a publicity stunt.  That wouldn't be what they would choose to do as a publicity stunt.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

So she deferred planning a trip for her 20th Wedding Anniversary to a date that was NOT her anniversary to gain publicity?

Hmmmm, on the surface that would seem kind of ridiculous.

NO, WAIT- BENEATH the surface, it also seems TOTALLY ridiculous.

Dream on!