Valued Contributor

I like this show, especially Timothy Oliphant, but it was so gory last night that it got me worried that this whole season is going to be a bloodbath. I am starting to lose my taste for these extremely graphic shows; too bad so many of them are among the best on TV. There were a couple of scenes that were just too much for me! The same with "Boardwalk Empire" which I love, but am having conflicting feelings about. Are there others among you who feel the same way?

Honored Contributor

I love Justified but they have to be some of the most unsavory characters I've ever seen on a tv show. They give KY a bad name. Horrible people. As for the violence, I put up with it so I can see Raylan. Boyd cracks me up, even tho he's mean. Saw him on CNN and he said he was supposed to die lots of times but they kept him on. (he has quite a following). Anyway, I wish it weren't so violent. Do you remember the woman I think they called Mama? OMgosh. She was a piece of work.

Respected Contributor

I missed the episode when MAMA died. Yes, it is violent. The character Robert Quarles was very scary. Glad he is gone.

Honored Contributor

Yes!

Trusted Contributor

I don't usually like a lot of blood and violence but for some reason, I love this show. I discovered in last summer and watched the first 4 season on Amazon. I agree the season premier was a blood bath but it just doesn't bother me on this show. Maybe it's because the characters are so exaggerated it's almost cartoonish or maybe I just have a sick mind.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Trusted Contributor

I'm a big fan of Walton Goggins and he did an interview with Troy Foreman at TVWise and the question of violence came up. Here is what I cut and pasted from the interview about that:

TVWise: Have you dealt with any backlash as far as the violence on Justified and when you worked on The Shield?

Walton Goggins: Obviously when a great tragedy happens in our culture, that’s the first place you go, I would too, because I’m a parent. We live in a very specific world and its Elmore Leonard’s world and Elmore wrote 40 novels and had been writing for what 60 years. In some ways, we have a license to do what other shows are restricted to do. We float between absurdity and comedy and drama and both involve violence. That is from the imagination of Elmore Leonard and we are just an extension of that and that is the person we are ultimately servicing.

Respected Contributor

DH and I love WG also. We were surprised to see him as a transvestite in a episode of Sons of anarchy.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/23/sons-of-anarchy-venus-walton-goggins/

Trusted Contributor
On 1/12/2014 esmeraldagooch said:

DH and I love WG also. We were surprised to see him as a transvestite in a episode of Sons of anarchy.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/23/sons-of-anarchy-venus-walton-goggins/

He's looks pretty good.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor
He must be poplar. One episode last season and two so far this season. Look for him in high heals and leather. Whip too.