Honored Contributor

Re: Just saw Beauty and the Beast

I thought it was appropriate that Celine had a place in the incarnation of this film.  And I liked her song.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon, within a few bars of the new song we all looked at one another and went, it's the new song, and we were not smiling.  I see two opportunities they had to put Celine in the film, neither of them Oscar bait:  they could have had her play Plumette and/or they could have had her sing the theme instead of John and Arianna.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for posting your opinion of the movie. I also heard how wonderful it is!

We (husband, 3 granddaughters, and daughter) are all going to see it this Sunday! Its been sold out at the theatres closer to my daughter (in advance) for weeks! So my daughter is bringing my 3 granddaughters here and we are going to the 5 dollar theatre near us to see it. I cant wait!

PS) No matter how old my granddaughters are (IE now 19, 17, and 13) we always go to Disney type movies together, and probably always will. I am glad none of them think they're too old to go. (You know how some teens may say oh that's for little kids etc? They don't do that, thankfully..lol). Well afterall, who doesnt love a good Disney movie? :-)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

It was such a charming movie.  I sang, I cried, I laughed...

It exceeded my expectations and I'll likely see it in 3D next. 

I liked Emma in the movie and having seen it, I don't know who else would have been good. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori

I think they used Legend and Grande because it was a "new" version of the movie, and they wanted a "new" version of the song.  I'm not so sure Celine would have been good in an acting role since she can be a bid overly dramatic.  I love Celine's voice, I think she is a lovely person, but sometimes her on stage persona can make me cringe.  

Honored Contributor

I loved it, everything about it. Emma, the costumes, the music, the acting. I liked how they added the reading element-inspired by Emma. I thought she was good in the role.

It's definitely not appropriate for a four year old or any young kids. Up to parents to determine what their kids can handle. But some of the beast scenes are scary and graphic.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@LoriLori

I think they used Legend and Grande because it was a "new" version of the movie, and they wanted a "new" version of the song.  I'm not so sure Celine would have been good in an acting role since she can be a bid overly dramatic.  I love Celine's voice, I think she is a lovely person, but sometimes her on stage persona can make me cringe.  

@faeriemoon, I personally don't think they needed to do anything to acknowledge Celine but if they wanted to:  I chose Plumette because it's a small role for an "overly dramatic" actress with a French accent.  I can't stand Celine Dion and find her OTT in everything she does.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I loved it, everything about it. Emma, the costumes, the music, the acting. I liked how they added the reading element-inspired by Emma. I thought she was good in the role.

It's definitely not appropriate for a four year old or any young kids. Up to parents to determine what their kids can handle. But some of the beast scenes are scary and graphic.

@Greeneyedlady21, they didn't add the reading element, it's in the original 1991 movie, it's central to Belle's character.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, it's how she connects with the beast.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori Oops, I don't even remember the original. 

I've been seeing Emma in tv interviews, and reading about the movie. So somehow I jumbled that all together. I know she talked about how she leaves books in random places in NYC. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"