Valued Contributor

Re: Josh and Anna Duggar Expecting Fifth Child

The pass was reguarding the adultery, not the child inappropriately touching another child. 

Honored Contributor

I've tried REALLY HARD to care less about this ridiculous bunch, but I just can't!!!

Respected Contributor

I feel really sorry for Anna.  She appears to have no real choice, she is in so deep.  Even if she wanted to leave and start her own life, I don't think she has it in her.  And that is not a slam against her -- she was (IMO) woefully unprepared growing up to have any spunk.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I feel really sorry for Anna.  She appears to have no real choice, she is in so deep.  Even if she wanted to leave and start her own life, I don't think she has it in her.  And that is not a slam against her -- she was (IMO) woefully unprepared growing up to have any spunk.

I bet Anna's parents forced her to stay with Josh and somehow made it seem like her fault that he strayed.   She really has no choices in life...

Honored Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

I think it is their business.  What he did as an adult many men have done and get a pass.  What he did as a child should never have been released and I hope he left it behind him when he became an adult.  How anyone could say that he will do this to his own children leaves me shaking my head.  So many people love to judge others.

I would call the 5 year old sister he molested a child. Him as a 14 year old? Wouldn't really consider a child(although I know he is by law) And you hope HE left it behind him? What about his 5 year old sister? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(ETA - this is in response to the poster who said he didn't get a pass on his behavior as a pedophile, not the post above mine)

Uh, he got a HUGE pass on the pedophelia!   At some point, but not until it became under public scrutiny, he was sent to some crazy religious place that did nothing AND was run by another pedophile.

This was profoundly inappropriate.  He commited horrible crimes against children and was shielded from prosecution.   This isn't something that just goes away, BTW, as another poster already pointed out.

He is being judged appropriately to his crimes and mis-deeds.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Smoky wrote:

Considering everything and their youngest is only 19 months, why add on another one until you know the issues and your marriage are doable?  I read about this earlier this morning and just shook my head. 

I wrote something and deleted it,

ugh

Respected Contributor

Everything about him is downright GROSS!

Respected Contributor

Shame on them for bringing another child [future victim] into this mess.

Honored Contributor

And yes we can judge others by their ACTIONS

It's called accountability.

We are admonished to not judge the HEART.

But we can hold those around us accountable for their actions

What a world this would be if we were unable to judge.