Valued Contributor

Re: Josh and Anna Duggar Expecting Fifth Child

I think it is their business.  What he did as an adult many men have done and get a pass.  What he did as a child should never have been released and I hope he left it behind him when he became an adult.  How anyone could say that he will do this to his own children leaves me shaking my head.  So many people love to judge others.

Respected Contributor

Just one more member for the cult. I really do find this family a detriment to society. Why they are allowed to be on television is a wonder to me.  Oh, wait could it be they make money for tlc or whatever station they are on. Nah, couldn't be that could it? Sick,sick family and viewers too.

Respected Contributor

How Sad

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

This makes me very sad as I thought she was in the process of divorcing him.  My heart goes out to her and her children that she cannot find the strength to break free from this family.

Respected Contributor

I'm so disgusted with the Duggars. 

Anna is just a pathetic soul - no backbone. 

Super Contributor

I USED to watch the show but not anymore--as someone has said they r almost a clan or sect--distrubing--holier than thou--their claim 2 fame is giving birth to as many children as they can have--if he could molest his own sisters--wow can't believe it--and how come those sisters didn't tell anyone--was it kept hush hush--can't stand watching them...........................

Esteemed Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

I think it is their business.  What he did as an adult many men have done and get a pass What he did as a child should never have been released and I hope he left it behind him when he became an adult.  How anyone could say that he will do this to his own children leaves me shaking my head.  So many people love to judge others.

-----------------------

Actually I worked with Child Abusers for over 20 years.   The issue is that many child abuse situations are not reported to CPS and/or police. If an investigation is done and found to be validated, men or women usually do not get a pass!!  However, rarely, if ever, do child predators get "cured".  And, many abusers do not see their sexual impulses to be bad or wrong!!

Through many years of training, I have heard educators and researchers say that the desire to sexually touch children is deep seated in the abusers' brains. The best way to help them, and children, is to keep them away from any child!!  Any predator -  that has been thru counseling - will tell you they can not be around children because it is too tempting!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They're all very strange.

Honored Contributor

And like we didn't see this coming?   My belief is that a child is created from the love and commitment of the parents, and I am not one bit surprised with the announcement of Anna's pregnancy.   

I would guess Anna and Josh have been made to feel that the creation of a new life after his infidelities, is proof of them working thru their issues and being committed to making their marriage work.   I would've handled this type of situation very differently, but have no judgment of Anna for her choices.   Each of us live our life by our choices.   

Honored Contributor

Considering everything and their youngest is only 19 months, why add on another one until you know the issues and your marriage are doable?  I read about this earlier this morning and just shook my head. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee