Super Contributor

Re: Joe Kenda - the Homicide Hunter on ID Channel

I am a big fan of Joe Kenda! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty, thanks for the heads up.  Off to record!  LM

Trusted Contributor

Annabelle, It is a great show. Kenda solves the murders.  He is very intelligent and see clues that ordinary people wouldn't think of looking for.  He reads people well too and can tell if they are lying.

Jessa
Super Contributor

"Well, well, well...and who might you be????"  Classic Kenda!

I have a crush on Joe and have since the first show I saw...he is cold and hard when he has to be when dealing with evil...but he really cares about the victims - the dead and the living...

In one show I watched, a youg girl had witnessed her mom's murder, and Je needed to talk to her - he said "I know I need to do a job and I sometimes need to talk with people who are very emotional...but I am not a monster and I"m not going to question a fifteen year ol girl who has  just seen her other killed when it can wait and I have other things I can do."

I've read a couple of interviews with him and in one, he said that he does not use a script, but just talks and then they edit what they need...I think that is probably true as his "way with words" is unique.

Team Kenda!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, it is a fabulous show. Joe was a real detective for many years in Colorado Springs and all of the stories are from his crime-solving past. I love the real Joe and swoon over the young guy who portrays him in the show. Addicted! I feel safer knowing there are guys like Joe in the world!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Joe kind of creeps me out a little bit and his slow-talking makes me a little anxious, but that's all just me.  I really like the show a LOT and have watched for a while now.

Oh, if you knew how many Season Passes I had for shows on the ID channel - mind blowing.  Smiley Happy

I really like the guy who plays the younger Joe on the re-enactments.  He is so interesting-looking and mysterious-seeming to me.   Something about him...I can't seem to pin it down but he does an excellend job in the role.  Not much talking, but a huge presence.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Maggie I will look up the show.  I'm always looking for new shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

New season starts tonight, 9:00 cst/10:00 est!  Love this man!Heart

Dang!! I missed it too. But I can probably get it On Demand or rerun. Thank you,Hooty, for the heads up!  Love that show.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

To those of you that missed it, lots of times ID shows their week-night programs during the weekend days, so you might want to check!

It was a crazy episode, but I enjoyed seeing my man Joe Kenda back!Heart