Trusted Contributor

Re: Janis Joplin Documentary

@Mz iMac

There were so many bodies there...clothed...naked...I felt sorry for some that got sick..but I managed to stay healthy...I lived not too far from there so it wasn't a "bad trip" for me...DW

Honored Contributor

NickNack wrote:

@chickenbutt  I noticed that if you buy the Bolt through Amazon they offer a SquareTrade warranty with it.  Did you purchase that?  I've never gotten a Square Trade warranty but would be interested.  I usually don't purchase warranties but have heard good things about ST on this Forum.

I bought mine through Tivo, but if I decide to get a second one for the bedroom I am going to go through Amazon if the price is still lower.

Therefore, I don't have an extended warranty yet but I cannot speak highly enough of Square Trade and I'll be buying an extended warranty through them for this new Bolt.    Their website was down for maintenance, so I haven't done that yet.   

I'd probably compare price for the ST warranty at Amazon to the price on the ST site.  I've purchased all my ST warranties from the ST site, but I do know that some retailers jack up the price.  Just an FYI.  Smiley Happy

I've been using ST since 2004, BTW.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

$_57.JPG

Check out the prices. faint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac

Very Cool...!!!! Those were the days when you could afford to go to a concert even if you didn't have a ton of cash... DW

Honored Contributor

CB, I will compare prices with the SQ site.  Thanks for suggesting that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@dancingwoman

I was so cold & damp, I couldn't even get high if I wanted to.  I was sober for most of Woodstock which is probably why I remember it plus having the heebie jeebies for a week after I got home like it was yesterday.  I had to throw my muddy shoes & pants in the trash.  I did save & still have my one shirt from Woodstock which I framed.

I did eat good though.  Oh what good times we had.  Todays generation does not know what they missed!  Smiley Tongue

@Mz iMac Can you believe some of the things we used to do?  Lol.  I've gone to so many 3 day concerts I can't even count them. And there was never any drama or violence, just everyone having a great time. And no one was taking your picture and posting it on the Internet. It is sad that some never got to experience those times. 

Honored Contributor

I was a teenager in the  60's.  I didn't have a lot of money but my boyfriend and his friends were very rich.

Every party we went to there was a live band (he played the drums) in the house (big houses).  Sometimes the parties would last the entire weekend.

I never got drunk or did drugs (but some others did).  It was interesting to see these kids who later acted all cool when I'd seen them really messed up days before.

It was a fun time back then.  Not everyone did drugs or got drunk to have fun.  You didn't have to worry so much about hurting other people's feelings and you felt free to be a teenager.

My friends and I have wonderful memories.  My high school is very active still.  We all get together and talk about those days.  Now we can just remember.  At my age, that's enough for me.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting us know @chessylady. Will be sure to watch it. No one can sing like Janis.

Respected Contributor

For those talking about Tivo, it's called hijacking a thread.

Trusted Contributor

I just wanted to add I had graduated High School in 1969...

A bunch of friends and I went to Woodstock to celebrate our first year of College coming up...Well ....I met my honey there and we have been together ever since...He went to the same College as I was entering...

We married in 1971 and will be celebrating 45 years married this year... Heart DW