Respected Contributor

On May 3, PBS will be airing a documentary about Janis Joplin's life. She was sprited, talented and died too soon. Back in the day, there was a debate whether Janis or Grace Slick was the best rock singer. For me, it was always Janis.

Honored Contributor

Re: Janis Joplin Documentary

I loved Janis, and every time friends talk about what talent they wish they had, I always say I wish I could sing like Janis. She left us way too soon.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Oh, Thank You!!!  I'm such a huge fan.  I just found it and scheduled it.  

BTW, if anybody else is searching this, the show is called 'American Masters' and you will see the subject in the synopsis.  Smiley Happy

I will really look forward to this!    One of my favs - 'Me and Bobby McGee'.

Respected Contributor

Sounds good.  Thank you.  I've seen her "Biography" episode a few times, when that channel still existed.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady  Thank you for telling us about this.

@chickenbutt  Thank you for telling us the name of the show.  I just set up my Tivo to record it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember my dad using the opportunity of her death to talk to us about drugs.  He told us right after the evening news.  I was 12.  Thanks for the info.  I am recording it. 

Honored Contributor

NickNack wrote:

@Chessylady  Thank you for telling us about this.

@chickenbutt  Thank you for telling us the name of the show.  I just set up my Tivo to record it.

Yay for Tivo!  Smiley Happy  Nick, have you purchased a new Tivo lately?    OMG - I have two Premieres that I've had for over 4 years (I had two Series 2 Tivos for 8 years before that).  

Anyway,   There was a good deal on a new Bolt and I just couldn't resist because I figured I could use the more tuners and other new (to me) features.

I put this one in my living room (even though my Premiere still works and has Lifetime - need to figure out the value and see if I can sell it) and some of the new stuff is just killer!  

Two new features are the 'skip' (nano-second to skip through an entire commercial segment, but not available on all channels) and the 'Quick Mode'.   Quick Mode makes it go 30% faster but, I swear, unless somebody is a real fast talker, you can't even tell but you end up going through a one hour show in 25-30 minutes!

I'm just so loving this Bolt!  Not many Tivo peeps here, otherwise I was going to start a thread in Electronics.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

chickenbutt wroteSmiley Surprisedne of my favs - 'Me and Bobby McGee'.

My favorite is Cry Baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzZl5ILNP7Q&spfreload=10

I was fortunate enough to see her live at Woodstock.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't really know much about Janis Joplin, so this will be great to watch.  Thanks, again.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

Mz iMac wrote:

chickenbutt wroteSmiley Surprisedne of my favs - 'Me and Bobby McGee'.

My favorite is Cry Baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzZl5ILNP7Q&spfreload=10

I was fortunate enough to see her live at Woodstock.

Color me JEALOUS!!   In the summer of '69 I was only 14 - well, and living in California, so there would not have been an opportunity to go.  

Did you stick around for Jimi Hendrix (another HUGE favorite of mine!)?  I remember hearing that a lot of people had already left when he got there and played.    I don't think that was an affront to JH, rather that they didn't know he was coming, but I couldn't be sure.