QVC Customer Care

Re: Is anyone watching Victoria on PBS?

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link to a retail site.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The just published novel (Victoria by Daisy Goodwin) and the Goodwin series are based on Victoria's large collection of diaries.

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch it yet but plan to soon. I love watching older history shows like this. I enjoyed Downton Abbey and the costumes and their manners of days past. 

Honored Contributor

by Daisy Goodwin probably get at library.

For those of you just wanting to be entertained by romantic aspects of her early life and not really interested in a more deeper study of her own reign.

Politics, etc.  then you will just want to watch the movie.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the show and can't wait until she meets her prince.  I will admit to loving British history.  We were fortunate to visit England a few years ago, and I was in heaven.  We went in September and avoided big lines to get into major attractions.  

Respected Contributor

I really did not care much for what I saw. Doubt I'll watch again.
Honored Contributor

I loved it.  I will definitely read the book too.  It was everything I want in a period drama:  well written, well acted, sumptuous with fantastic costumes, makeup and scenery. 

I wasn't expecting the downstairs aspect, and didn't understand why they focused on it. 

Season two is a go.  I just read that they might replace Jenna Coleman for season three, when the queen is old and obese.

Respected Contributor

Thought it was a bit slow - Lord Conroy character and Victoria's mother are perfectly cast.

Honored Contributor

I DVR'd it but haven't watched it yet.  I like to read what you guys write so I know what to look out for.  I tend to be a bit slow sometimes.  Ha!

I did watch "The Young Pope" and will go comment on what I saw of that one.  I got stuck watching "Criminal" and I will say forget that one!

Honored Contributor

We'll see how long, in the movie, they keep Conroy in there. If memory serves she got rid of him pretty soon after she became Queen.

Mother was no jewel, but, she was allowed to stay. I can't find it where I read some place online where Conroy was around after she was married and was giving birth to the 9 kids, but, said he was hounding her thru her pregnancies.   Now, that is a lie !    I know he was long gone by the time Albert came into the picture. No way would she had tolerated Conroy for that long of a time just because he and her mother was on cozy terms.

Albert gets rid of her favorite later on down the line too. That Lehizen gal. He took over raising of the kids and those 2 knocked heads over that issue, plus, the fact he felt pushed out by her.  Whether or not the movie will portray any of this, plus, the attempts on her life who knows.