Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone watching Victoria on PBS?

I can't wait for Grantchester to start again. Hubba-hubba good-looking males - Sydney, Geordie and Dickens ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I only keep watching ,because this thing got rave reviews, and I am trying to figure out why?

I keep thinking it has to get better.  The only likeable person is Lord M ,and they totally made him over, to give the show some interest, I suspect

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 @Moonchilde

I haven't seen The Crown, so I can't say, but this thing can go on into infinity if they like... I won't be watching it... I like a good costume drama as much as the next folk, but they really should've distilled this one down into far fewer episodes... And I also think some of the casting could've been better...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@cherry I'm like you sometimes....I've been known to watch a show just to try to figure out what the hay I'm missing that other's find so amazing and good....I always wonder, "Is it me?  Am I that dumb that I'm not seeing whatever it is?"  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I read some review, from a UK paper ,called the Guardian. They think the series stinks ,too

It looks like there is going to be another season, at least.

Honored Contributor

I feel that way about the Crown.  I watched 4 episodes and found it so dull. I was surprised by my dislike because I usually love series like these. 

Victoria has grown on me. I almost didn't continue after the first episode but I'm glad I did.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it. i still haven't finish Downton Abbey! And I watched two episodes of The Crown and got busy. I'm like that with too many shows!!

Esteemed Contributor

What made Downton Abbey so riveting was the large cast of principal characters and all the various sub plots that swirled around them.  WIth Victoria and Albert there's well, Victoria and Albert.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  I read some review, from a UK paper ,called the Guardian. They think the series stinks ,too

It looks like there is going to be another season, at least.

That's interesting. I've only heard online that they LOVE it in the UK, and I chalked it up to well, it IS their iconic beloved Victoria, so I guess they would find her fascinating, while Americans - not so much. So I appreciate knowing that not ALL Brits love it ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I can't believe they are going to recap this entire mess next week!!!!  They must be desperate to fill air space