Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone watching Victoria on PBS?

@chessylady wrote:

I wonder if they will cover her late in life "affair" with Mr. Brown who was her groomsman, I believe. I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I saw a movie about it years ago.

I sincerely doubt she had an affair with anybody. She was old by then and eyesight was about gone. (cataracts) Morals were different back then and she would had been true to Albert's memory.

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey@SharkE@susan kay@patbz@skuggles

Loving this show, but we just started watching. Saw Episode 1

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Respected Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

@PurpleBunny Haven't seen you in sooooo long. Just wanted to say hello. Woman Happy

Awwwh how sweet of you to take the time to say hi!!!!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I am just not loving this at all, i find it hard to really like, the actress that plays Victoria, just does not seem real to me ,from what i have learned about the real queen Victoria.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

My only complaints last night besides the CGI are that it was a little heavy on her crush on Lord Melbourne, and repeating that I very much mind the downstairs part of the story.  I couldn't care less about the seamstress's past.

I think Jenna Coleman is doing a fantastic job portraying an immature, confused and pressured 18-year-old.

Since many here are disappointed in the show I looked up reviews in the British papers and they were terrific and gave Jenna Coleman very high marks.  The British public already love her, though, as I do, from Doctor Who where the actress showed incredible range, from deep sadness to comic relief.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I enjoyed watching two PBS series on my iPad ~

Mercy Street / Season 2, episode 1

and

Victoria / Season 1, episode 2

I love this series and it gives me very pleasant reminders of the companion audiobook I listened to earlier this month.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I wonder if they will cover her late in life "affair" with Mr. Brown who was her groomsman, I believe. I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I saw a movie about it years ago.

I sincerely doubt she had an affair with anybody. She was old by then and eyesight was about gone. (cataracts) Morals were different back then and she would had been true to Albert's memory.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Older people didn't/don't have sex? Really???

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched last week and soon realized it was a phony soap opera. I won't be watching anymore. This production is a total fabrication of the truth. That angers me. The producers apparently thought that reality was insufficient. I believe otherwise.

Super Contributor

This series apparerntly received a very good reception in England.  If it works for them, it works for me.  I am looking forward to years of enjoyable episodes.