Honored Contributor

Is Whoopi Trying To Get Fired From The View?

Interesting column about Whoopi and The View.  According to it she is being paid $5 million per year.

http://pagesix.com/2016/02/06/is-whoopi-trying-to-get-fired-from-the-view/?_ga=1.209259985.210977564...

Respected Contributor

Re: Is Whoopi Trying To Get Fired From The View?

I do have the View on from time to time & have noticed that Whoopi isn't very nice. She & Joy kind of do their thing & hold themselves apart from the other hosts. I don't know about that slave ******, but if I was getting paid $5 million a year....come on. I've worked some jobs were I did feel like a slave, but because I WAS working way harder than the pay deserved. 

Respected Contributor

She's creating publicity and that's certainly what she wants.  Her contract is about to expire and she wants to stay on The View.  

Ratings will increase because of her ridiculous statements and they will give her another 4 years at $5 mil.  

It's all in her plan.

Personally, I can't believe The View has been on this long.  It's a horrible show.

Honored Contributor

I quit watching when Elizabeth Hasselback was on , she was so annoying. From the sound of things the show has really gone down hill.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

I do have the View on from time to time & have noticed that Whoopi isn't very nice. She & Joy kind of do their thing & hold themselves apart from the other hosts. I don't know about that slave ******, but if I was getting paid $5 million a year....come on. I've worked some jobs were I did feel like a slave, but because I WAS working way harder than the pay deserved. 

Hold themselves apart?   What does that mean?  They are all at the same table!

Honored Contributor

They wouldn't fire Whoopi.  She and Joy make the show.  Maybe if she committed a crime, they'd fire her..

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched The View for a few years, but if Whoopi is saying and doing obnoxious things, she's fitting herself right into a huge part of the demand for that kind of ugliness in our culture.  It's all over the media as entertainment and in the events they report on and highlight.  I'd think they'd up her salary to $7 million at least!

I find it crass and classless and don't care to watch.  I "vote" with my remote control when it comes to my entertainment.  In more serious infractions of crassness, I'll find another way.

Esteemed Contributor

The View sure changed from what Barbara Walters wanted for the show....I quit watching a long time ago....

Trusted Contributor

Whoopi and Joy make the show unwatchable for me. And then there's Raven. Yikes! 

Respected Contributor

If I were The View, I would get rid of Raven Symone.  She is too uninformed.  I was sorry they got rid of Nicole Wallace.  She is intelligent and added intelligence to the discussion.  Let Joy and Whoopi be comedy relief.  Sherry Shephard is much better than Raven Symone.