Honored Contributor

Investigation Discovery - ID channel - last night's show about Richard Speck

Did anyone else watch?  I was a young girl in HS when this happened, but I remember it!  He had no remorse whatsoever!

Respected Contributor

Re: Investigation Discovery - ID channel - last night's show about Richard Speck

i read the book and the amazing part was how the 8 girls just let him take them one by one into the other room.  if they had all ganged up on him, they said they might have had a chance.

a very, very sad story.  i remember it also.

Respected Contributor

Re: Investigation Discovery - ID channel - last night's show about Richard Speck

I did not watch the program, mostly because it was just before my bedtime & those violent stories give me nightmares.  Seriously.

I do remember when all that happened.  That person was a disgusting monster.

A few years ago, I saw a documentary about him.  Apparently some video tape he'd made in prison was found.  (WHY would prisoners have access to a video camera???)  It was him & his "boyfriend" & he was only wearing a pair of ladies silky lavender panties.  He also have a substantial pair of b**bs.  Apparently he was able to get female hormones through the underground prison system.  He & his "friend" smoked, laughed, & joked about what a good time they were having in prison.  The editors had to bleep out a lot of what was said, as well as some of the video itself.  The narrator, Bill Kurtis explained that they had to cut out some video because the men had s*x.  YIKES!  I'm not a vicious person, but I hope thisguy in burning in H*ll.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I have it on deck.   I've seen many things on Richard Speck over the years and he is just one seriously gross and twisted man - well, WAS.  

Looking forward to the episode.

Honored Contributor

VCamp2748 wrote:

I did not watch the program, mostly because it was just before my bedtime & those violent stories give me nightmares.  Seriously.

I do remember when all that happened.  That person was a disgusting monster.

A few years ago, I saw a documentary about him.  Apparently some video tape he'd made in prison was found.  (WHY would prisoners have access to a video camera???)  It was him & his "boyfriend" & he was only wearing a pair of ladies silky lavender panties.  He also have a substantial pair of b**bs.  Apparently he was able to get female hormones through the underground prison system.  He & his "friend" smoked, laughed, & joked about what a good time they were having in prison.  The editors had to bleep out a lot of what was said, as well as some of the video itself.  The narrator, Bill Kurtis explained that they had to cut out some video because the men had s*x.  YIKES!  I'm not a vicious person, but I hope thisguy in burning in H*ll.

VCamp - I saw that video, too!   He was so messed up.   That was one twisted video.

Love Bill Kurtis.  Wonder if he is still working.  He's one of my favorites for presenting or narrating true crime shows.

Honored Contributor

Horrifying, because it was part of the "Ladies don't behave badly" training of that era.

Even if you died, you died a lady.

Horrific!!

Honored Contributor

I, too, was so puzzled how they all let him take over and did not fight back at all!  The best part of this last night, was when it showed the surviving nurse get up and go to him and stuck her finger in her face, saying he was the killer!  He just sat there and looked at her!

Super Contributor

I watched - the show is Crimes to Remember - one of my favorites - always so well done..

I remember it well - the first "mass murder" I can recall (I was in college) - I remember not being able to figure out how he was able to separate and kill all of them - they said he must have just lost track of how may there were, which is why the Filipino nurse was able to hide and survive...so horrifying

Respected Contributor

Certainly remember this terrifying case. I was in 7th grade, in the western suburbs of Chicago. Speck wasn't caputured yet and I was staying overnight with my friend who's parents were going out for the evening.

She had this very well trained German Shepard, who I adored and he got along with me too. Dog got to sleep in our room that night...was so scary.

i cannot imagine the terror the surviving nurse has had!  It also makes me wonder if Speck killed anyone else BEFORE this event?! 

Esteemed Contributor

On my Comcast ID Discovery - at 10 pm tonight, the story is about two Florida retirees who disappear.  It's not a repeat.  Are we talking about the same station???  It's channel 111 in SE Florida.

Help!!!!!!!