Honored Contributor

If you remember Bette Davis & Joan Crawford...

After watching Feud:, about BD and JC. I wonder who everyone thinks was the best actress? I like old movies of both of them, not together though. I'd choose BD I guess. The fact about JC and how she behaved towards her first two children, that is part of it too. She had a rough upbringing from what I've read though.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you remember Bette Davis & Joan Crawford...

I don't have an opinion about whos's the best actress but tried to watch the new show about them and only watched the pilot. It was a turn off and boring to me. I'm a huge "old movie" fan and, of course I know who they are. I'm glad I'm at an age that I do remember the late, great actors. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Bette Davis.  She had so many great roles, The Letter and Now, Voyager being 2 of my favorites but there were many others.

Esteemed Contributor

I like both.  Different styles. Great actresses.  Funny that when they made Whatever happened to Baby Jane?, their careers were considered over at and now the actresses (Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange) portraying them in Feud are considerably older than they were at the time.

Valued Contributor

I can't watch either one of them, nor most old movies.  All that smoking just creeps me out.  All I can think about is how bad their breath must be.

Old movie acting seems "camp" to me.  They would never make it in today's movies.

Honored Contributor

yeah, all that smoking and drinking is disgusting.

This should had been wrapped up in no more then 2 episodes. I quit watching, but, taping it for my sister who doesn't have cable. It will be 3rd week of April by the time it's over. Somebody said it was on for 8 episodes.

I taped # 4 last nite.   sheesh, wrap it up already. 

Honored Contributor

I don't remember watching any of Joan Crawford's movies except Baby Jane, but I have watched many of Betty Davis'.

I have always found her extremely watchable because she is so unlikeable or at least her characters are-so creepy!

I think Susan Sarandon is doing a great job playing her and sometimes I think, she looks and sounds just like Betty Davis.

I am so sorry I missed the last episode. I was so looking forward to watching the Bronte sisters, I forgot all about it! And I watched less than 30 minutes of the Bronte sisters-awful.

I don't think the Feud is really that great but still, once I started I want to finish it. Plus I do like watching Susan Sarandon play Betty Davis.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Bette Davis, hands down, and the smoking doesn't bother me when I'm watching a great movie.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Bette Davis... Crawford was good in some roles, but Davis was the actress...

Enjoying "Feud"... It might not be the Second Coming, but compared to what else is on, it's entertaining...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Though I always loved listening to Bette, and enjoyed some films, I have been watching several of Joan's movies which I recorded decades ago, Female on the Beach, Mildred Pierce, Autumn Leaves, Sudden Fear, The Best of Everything, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, etc., I have to say that I enjoyed Joan's movies and watched more of them than Bette's, maybe because I like the subject matter of Joan's more.

Of Bette's movies, I liked Dead Ringer, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte, Dark victory, The Nanny, Phone Call from a Stranger, The Letter, there may be more, but they don't come to mind.