Honored Contributor

I didn't know where else to  post this since there's no music or entertainment topic. Anyway, I heard him being interviewed today on NPR. He has a kids' book and I guess it has a CD with it or the book talks, not sure, but he said he has several and what he did was, he speeded up his voice to make it more like something a kid would listen to. It's so cute. Of course he sings but it sounds like a kid. Words are so cute, a la Neil Sedaka. He was also asked why he didn't follow so many rock and rollers who went on the road to do their same ol', same ol' oldies hits and said he followed his idol Bobby Darin and his heroine Connie Francis-they told him to do the adult thing and just play night clubs which he did. He wanted to do contemporary singing, not just oldies. Anyway, very interesting. I loved his oldies and I'm sure I'd like whatever else he's done, except the classical pieces he said he put words to-don't think so. Just sayin'.

Trusted Contributor

Re: If you like Neil Sedaka?

I love Neil Sadaka.  He is so talented.  He sure knows how to write a song and sing it, too!

Honored Contributor

He should go on QVC.  Did you guys see how many CDs Alabama sold?

Trusted Contributor

Jud, I loved Neil Sedaka, from his oldies to his Hungry Years album.   I saw him in concert twice and love every one of his songs!!!!!!   He dated Carole King and Oh Carol was written for her.  Happy Birthday sweet 16 has to be my favorite. 

Honored Contributor

@snowball wrote:

Jud, I loved Neil Sedaka, from his oldies to his Hungry Years album.   I saw him in concert twice and love every one of his songs!!!!!!   He dated Carole King and Oh Carol was written for her.  Happy Birthday sweet 16 has to be my favorite. 

snow, I LOVE, Oh, Carol and Breaking Up is Hard to Do (slow version). Everything he wrote was a hit. I didn't know about the Carol King thing. Wow.

Trusted Contributor

Yes Jud, every song was a hit and I loved them all.   There are conflicting stories about Neil Sedaka dating Carole King, but I always seemed to remember that he did.