Frequent Contributor

IS NATALIE MORALES LEAVING THE TODAY SHOW?

I am really upset and hope it isn't true. She has been there for a while and has always been an asset on the show. The Today Show has changed so much that I don't even care to watch anymore and it used to be my favorite early morning show.

Respected Contributor

Re: IS NATALIE MORALES LEAVING THE TODAY SHOW?

[ Edited ]

@arubakathy wrote:

I am really upset and hope it isn't true. She has been there for a while and has always been an asset on the show. The Today Show has changed so much that I don't even care to watch anymore and it used to be my favorite early morning show.

She moved to the West coast and will be reporting from there.

Valued Contributor

She left the show in late July.  She swapped jobs with Billy Bush from Access Hollywood or whatever that show is called that follows the Today shows.  Billy is now the regular third host for Today's Take, replacing Willie Geist who now has his own show on a Sunday morning and also is a regular on Morning Joe.

Honored Contributor

Among other issues, I don't think she and Tamron got along. . .and they don't do much "news" anyway now.  Yes, I enjoyed wathing her too.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, she has moved to the West Coast to co-host Access Hollywood

Respected Contributor

@arubakathy wrote:

I loved the today show for decades and always watched what I could before I took early retirement. Finally, I could relax and watch the today show, only to find that it had deteriorated badly. I don't even turn the tv on in the daytime now, unless it is to catch news on CNN and stock market updates on business channels. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Among other issues, I don't think she and Tamron got along. . .and they don't do much "news" anyway now.  Yes, I enjoyed wathing her too.

She and Tamron didn't get along @Sooner?  Why, what did you hear?  I like them both.  Both have good personalities as far as I can tell.  I always have to remind myself that the people we see on these talk shows might be completely different in real life.  And, as we saw with Kelly and Michael on Kelly Live, relationships can be  very fragile because they are constantly competing with everyone around them, jockeying on that ladder of success.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

She and Tamron didn't get along @Sooner?  Why, what did you hear?  I like them both.  Both have good personalities as far as I can tell.  I always have to remind myself that the people we see on these talk shows might be completely different in real life.  And, as we saw with Kelly and Michael on Kelly Live, relationships can be  very fragile because they are constantly competing with everyone around them, jockeying on that ladder of success.

@Mmsfoxxie

I don't remember where I read it but it was months ago, and sometimes they would not sit next to one another after that.  They for some time did not seem comfortable.  Tamron would talk over her and make a scene a lot of times. . . you know how she does.  

Super Contributor

Cannot. Stand. Bully. Bush. I miss Willie and Natalie. Tamron and Billy are lame as hosts together. He acts like a smug, rich kid.

War Eagle!
Respected Contributor

I don't have this on any particular authority, but my gut feeling about the changes in TODAY is this.  About a year ago there was talk from a new CEO about replacing Natalie but scuttlebut was that Matt Lauer intervened.  Also Willie Geist was said to not have been the new CEO's favorite.  So now we have Natalie reporting in her Access role from California and Willie has a new show on Sunday mornings.  I am not sure how each will succeed in their new roles but I believe the change is not good for both --that the replacements have been done in a way so as not to totally denigrate both Natalie and Willienbut get them off the air of TODAY