Esteemed Contributor

Re: I wish there was a tv channel totally dedicated

@nrm wrote:

@cookinfreak. Reelz has shows that deal with celebrity deaths, autopsies,etc. it's called "The Last Hours of...  I watched a show a few weeks ago about Joan. Still can't believe she's no longer with us. Not sure I agree with a show like that ,though. 

"It's interesting when people die"  remember that line from the song "Dirty Laundry"?  But I'm not sure about a show like that either,a touch ghoulish. I've never seen it.

The thing that I resent is alot of celeb nnews mixed in with regular news.  If I want that kind of stuff there are plenty of other places to get it.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think we hear way too much about celebrities.  They are boring and are among the most morally corrupt group in America.  It's shameful that people with such little senses of responsibility serve as role models for our youth.  We ought to be showcasing ordinary citizens who've achieved extraordinary things, been exciting places, and have demonstrated their creativity.

@Kachina624

Most morally corrupt group?    Serve as role models for our youth?   Seriously?   LOL

Honestly, in our household, our role models weren't actors and musicians ... and whomever else you're referring to.

No one signs up and  "serves" as a role model.   If our youth are paying an inordinate amount of time to "celebrities" then the blame lies with their parents.  Where are their parents while this is going on?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I'm not talking signing up for a tour of duty.  I'm speaking of young people emulating their druged up, alcohol inflamed, profane speaking behavior.  Look at Miley Cyrus, the K clan, the rappers, the Housewives Of _________, and thousands of other low lifes.  What has Lindsay Lohan taught them, yes you can get away with just about anything?

The parents or parent, in many cases is working, so the kid can have the latest cell phone.  Many have no idea how to parent or just don't care.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@nrm

I have watched several episodes of that show. I think that it is called Autopsy, the last hours of____I find it very interesting. I watched one last week that was on Amy Winehouse (sp).

Honored Contributor

Dedicated to good news!  Whenever a person is feeling down he/she can tune in and hear about something nice, a baby being born, a dog found or saved, a good deed done.

All of the things we never hear about.

Honored Contributor

I for one have no need for a channel dedicated to celebrity news.  I don't even think celebrity = news unless it is about a death or some major event.  The constant influx of what the celebs do, who they date, their kids, what they eat, where they go, what they wear (ok, I admit clothing interests me sometimes) etc. is enough for me. I don't watch any of those enterntainment news programs, but I see lots of it online.