Honored Contributor

I will be so sad to see Big Little Lies End!!!!!

I am really enjoying this series.......I believe someone said only 8 episodes, right? I really like all of the actors, and think that everyone is playing their roles really well. Anyone else loving it and sad to see it end soon?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: I will be so sad to see Big Little Lies End!!!!!

I watched the 4 episodes this weekend. Didn't see last night's show yet. I love the show. I read that there is only going to be 7 episodes. They had decided, not to make it into a movie but to make it a mini series. They said that tv in the future, which used to be a no no. I will miss it. I like Nicole Kidman and Love Reese Witherspoon. They are both fantastic in this show. They leave you wanting more. I could do without the abuse part. It really bothers me but that does go on, unfortunately.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

I already watched the current episode last night and was thinking the same thing.  I had to look to see which episode it was (5) to realize that there are only 3 episodes left.  Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

I just watched episodes 1-4 on Saturday, and LOVE this show!! Haven't seen last night's yet. Does anyone else think that maybe Celeste's husband is the father of Ziggy??: Not sure why that keeps popping into my head. Maybe becasue of the violent streak?

Honored Contributor

I'm really not trying to figure anything out here, but I find myself confused on the point that she doesn't know who raped her.    They dig up this guy and she thinks maybe that's him.

Did I miss something or am I just an idiot?   I do feel like I must have somehow missed, or forgot, a pretty big chuck of detail on that particular piece of the storyline.

Esteemed Contributor

Was someone raped in the TV series? I read the book and there was no rape. Domestic violence, yes. Rough sex, yes, but no rape. 

Wow, that might be a record of how many times the R word was used in just a few sentences, lol. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Was someone raped in the TV series? I read the book and there was no rape. Domestic violence, yes. Rough sex, yes, but no rape. 

Wow, that might be a record of how many times the R word was used in just a few sentences, lol. 

Ziggy's mom said he was a product of her being raped .

Honored Contributor

Maybe I skrewed up even more.  I thought that Ziggy's mother (sorry, can't remember name) was raped and that was how he was conceived.  

Sorry if I messed that up.  *sigh*   

Esteemed Contributor

That's interesting. In the book Ziggy was conceived through consensual sex. Not a good or happy experience to be sure, but definitely not rape. I guess the TV series has strayed from the book in that regard?

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Maybe I skrewed up even more.  I thought that Ziggy's mother (sorry, can't remember name) was raped and that was how he was conceived.  

Sorry if I messed that up.  *sigh*   

That is what she is saying!!!!!!!