Respected Contributor

Re: I watched the strangest Lucy show last night

Never cared for Lucy or I Love Lucy shows.  I found her to be a self-serving "witch" who cared not what she did to embarrass her husband and/or hurt his career so long as she got to perform.  Even as a much younger person I couldn't stand her "It's all About Me" attitude.  I recently forced myself to watch most of one episode of I Love Lucy, and it only confirmed my feelings. I didn't love Lucy then and I still don't.

Respected Contributor

IMDB has a lot  of info on Lucille Ball. I was a teenager when she had her own shows. I didn't find it any better than the other shows of the time. Teenagers were always saying 'groovy' --I didn't have any contemporaries that used word except mockingly!

What I gleaned from IMDB was the series started out in Conneticut (sp?) with all of the blonde kids then moved to California with her own children eventually.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved those old Lucy shows!  What a lot of fun they were! 

Two popular show I never liked were All in the Family and the Honeymooners.  I never found either of those shows to be funny and didn't like the characters in either--or the actors come to think of it. 

Honored Contributor

I think I must be the only person on the planet who never thought Lucy was funny.     I just never got past her whiny, stupid, childish behavior.    Maybe it was funny in that era, but today she just looks like a big child, not a grown, intelligent  woman.

JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I like that Christmas episode myself. But I happen to think Lucille Ball was awesome. A comedy legend.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

Lucille Ball and Joan Rivers were a lot alike even though their comedy was different. Both great commedians,  business Women and both very  strong headed.  People either loved them or hated them.   Here are two different Utube videos of the Joan Rivers show when Lucille Ball came on as a guest of Joan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tQdqihbHq8U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VxO9B9j7CbI

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

But wait there's more. Lucy also made two other shows later on: Here's Lucy and the short lived Life With Lucy. Maybe they'll show up on ME-TV or some other oldies channel. 

Honored Contributor

I have seen this episode, in fact have it recorded.  They argue about what stuffing, what bird, what color tree, etc., when to open presents, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, what ornaments,icicles or no icicles, etc.,and it turns into a fiasco, lol.

Honored Contributor

One of my daughters loved anything to do with Lucy.  We always watched Lucy.

Interesting but not important.  I remember a few years back Dakota Fanning was on several talk shows promoting a picture and she mentioned her sister Elle Fanning (who's now famous) loved everything Lucy.  She is younger than Dakota was was just beginning to act.  She talked about her very young sister being obsessed with Lucy.  She said she'd managed to collect some that were worth some money things Lucy back then.  She said acting money her sister got her parents let her spend it on Lucy paraphernalia.  I just thought that was cute.

There must be a lot of stuff

Respected Contributor

I've seen "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy," but to me, they don't compare to "I Love Lucy."  Would love to see "Life With Lucy."  Wish one of the retro sitcom stations would air that one.  I know I have read Lucille Ball was terribly disappointed when that show was cancelled after only a short time.