Honored Contributor

I'm addicted to Say Yes To the Dress reruns

[ Edited ]

I never watched them when they ran the first time but it all started when I wasn't feeling good about a month ago and was looking for something to watch on TV. Say Yes to the Dress was on when I turned the tv on I've been watching the marathon episodes ever since lol. 

I'm not even sure why. I don't long to wear a wedding dress again or anything. Some of the stories are great. I often feel sorry for the consultants dealing with difficult brides or their entouranges. 

Maybe I just like it because it's a fairly uplifting show and a nice diversion? 

Surely I'm not alone? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm addicted to say Yes To the Dress reruns

I like to watch. It's fun to see the pretty and sometimes unique dresses.
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm addicted to Say Yes To the Dress reruns

I like to watch this to see the dresses but I don't like how  every single bride has the disagreeing family member or friend in an attempt to create drama. Thus, on the occasions when I do watch it I usually mute it.

Respected Contributor

I just saw the episode where Courtney from QVC (with Lisa Robertson) was looking for her dress.

Thought it was a bit staged when the designer came out and sketched her dress.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Me, too! I don't know why....because I actually think the whole wedding industry is a sham....but I admit it....I love Say Yes to the Dress!

Esteemed Contributor

It is definitely fun to watch SYTTD. So many of the dresses are beautiful but the entourages that accompany so many brides need to be gone. With all the money that is spent, the so-called friends need to stay quiet.

Honored Contributor

I think I watch it because I like to see the happy brides, and it makes me feel better about the meanies involved in my wedding plans. 

Honored Contributor

I used to never ever miss an episode but got so fed up with many of the Brides not having spines to stand up to all family and friends that it is her day not theirs. 

Of course then there would be no show without the conflict of some sort.

I did see Courtney the other night while surfing the channels and stayed with it since I had missed the original airing.  It was special.

I loved the "Courtney are you saying yes to the sketch?"

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I just saw the episode where Courtney from QVC (with Lisa Robertson) was looking for her dress.

Thought it was a bit staged when the designer came out and sketched her dress.

Hyacinth

That episode is on a lot.  I saw it the other day.

Many of the episodes are staged particularly when it's a bride with a lucrative budget.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I used to never ever miss an episode but got so fed up with many of the Brides not having spines to stand up to all family and friends that it is her day not theirs. 

Of course then there would be no show without the conflict of some sort.

I did see Courtney the other night while surfing the channels and stayed with it since I had missed the original airing.  It was special.

I loved the "Courtney are you saying yes to the sketch?"

I thought her episodes were great. They also showed her fitting appointment in another episode recently.  I loved what Lisa said regarding what Courtney was looking for in a dress. Especially the part about she didn't want to look like she was trying to get him, because she already has him. lol. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval