Respected Contributor

Isnt that the point of the Peter Pan commercial? arent we SUPPOSED to find him obnoxious?

Trusted Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Isnt that the point of the Peter Pan commercial? arent we SUPPOSED to find him obnoxious?

Why though?   Why do they have to use a beloved children's character from literature and make him obnoxious and horrible?  

None of their commercials make sense to me.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

In my Peter Pan voice:   "JoAnn is that you?"  You don't look a day over 70.... right?" Smiley Very Happy

I don't particularly care for the ad, but I absolutely love the "look" JoAnn shoots back at the little twerp. Ha!

Respected Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Why though?   Why do they have to use a beloved children's character from literature and make him obnoxious and horrible?  

None of their commercials make sense to me.

Because, look at us right here- we are talking about their company, and that is what advertising strives to do...Name and product recognition..

Honored Contributor

Again, I generally don't care for the GEICO ads, but I don't mind Peter Pan or the new one I saw a couple minutes ago.  It's a mom calling her son at an inopportune moment because that's what moms do.

This one's kinda cute, actually.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@sallybusky

Just saw the updated coffee commercial: the "kid" is now married and his Mom is holding the baby.  Very nice.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: I detest this TV ad

[ Edited ]

Ditto for all the ads mentioned so far.  The one that irritates me recently:  Silent Night is playing in the background and abandoned dogs and a cat are shown while monthly donations for the aspca are requested.  Hate the use of that Christmas carol for this purpose.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I hate the cancer or hospital commercials.  They are painful for me to see.

Super Contributor

Glad someone posted this one.... Hate it as well... Especially if your in the over 70 age which i am......Woman Sad

In fact i always click another channel with i start seeing it...

Thought it was just me.... Glad others also feel the same....

lovestodanceWoman Mad

Super Contributor

Count me out... Love Flo...  Perfect for those ads.... Amazing that they have so many different ones.... Most others just repeat the same ones and get tiresome.....

lovestodance