Trusted Contributor

I Just Noticed This Is On TV Tonight

Ladies Free Skate, The US Figure Skating Championships  8PM on NBC

Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Noticed This Is On TV Tonight

@decaf,

Thank you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay  You're welcome, I love watching too!

Respected Contributor

Can't wait!  My most favorite Olympic event as well!

Honored Contributor

@decaf, @BornToShop,

I hope you are getting to watch the men's short program today!  

I realized how much the music and choreography mean to me more than the jumps though I know that is what is esp. needed to win these days.

If I don't like or am unfamiliar with or the mucic is just boring, it really takes away from the whole performance and relating to the audience too.

Anyway did you see Ilia Malinin in the men's short? The 17 year old? Wow! They said if Nathan Chen is Batman, he is Robin!

Also the 14 year old girl who is too young to go to the Olympics, Isabeau Levito yesterday-loved her, just incredible. I think she is one of the very best I've seen.

I cried with Tracy Gold when she did and the audience stood up to give her a standing ovation.

Was happy for Mariah Bell, the "old" one lol! And she chose a beautiful song Hallelujah, which many are familiar with.

If you didn't get to watch the men's,

they are on tomorrow at 2pm Eastern for the free skate.I watch on Youtube (tv) and @decaf,

I never would have gotten to watch any of this if you hadn't posted, so again thanku!🥰 I used to ice skate and I think if I could have continued in anything it would have been that, but only if I won gold lol! Anyway, wonderful to watch and I feel like I am on the ice with them but with them doing all the work!😄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay  I saw the listing for the ladies yesterday evening at the last minute, I wish I had seen it earlier so others had a heads up too. I'm glad you saw it. I watched and was happy for Mariah.  One or two other skaters couldn't compete due to a positive Covid test, I forget their names right now.

That 14 yo, Isabeau (sp?) is fantastic, a joy to watch, I'm going to follow her career for sure.  She has it all, the athleticism and also the posture, grace, the ability to feel the music that makes her a champion.  I was wowed.  She be in the next two olympics for sure.  Maybe three.

I taped the men' todays, I'll watch it tomorrow.  I enjoy them very much but my favorite is watching  the ladies.

Eta- Isabeau reminded me of the young Russian girls, fantastic, just fearless.

Honored Contributor

@decaf,

I agree with everything you said about Isabeau. I think she represents everything figure skating should be today.

One of the women who had covd, Alysa Liu, is the third one who will be going to the Olympics based on all her performances, since she wasn't able to compete. I was glad and think that is such a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

I know they said this afternoon that the pairs  and dance free skate would be on tonight, but my local NBC is not showing it, so I checked on Peacock and it is there. No commentary though - just the dancing and the score. Can't wait for the men's tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ,If you get Youtube (streaming), it is on there too with commentary, live.