Respected Contributor

Re: How much TV do you watch in a day?

I keep one TV on all day, in my kitchen/den area, since I hang out there the most. But, it's mostly just for company and to check in on the news, weather, etc. Sometimes it just becomes a form of white noise.

In the evening I change rooms and get more comfy. I'll watch DVR'd programs for two to three hours.  Sometimes more, if I'm binge watching a series, or having movie night.

I also manage to check in on QVC periodically,  if I know there are items I'm interested in. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's on in the background most of the time.  Usually reruns of old series that I have see 100 times or Hallmark.  No depressing news talking heads.  I check weather and news on computer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Cable does not come out here and my internet does not do TV, so air broadcast was all I had.

But sometime last year I just unplugged it.  Only so much can be stood.....

Respected Contributor

I like to watch LMAD and TPIR in the mornings then it goes off until it's time for B&B and Judge Judy.  I do like to watch TV in the evenings.  One of my favorite things to do is crawl into bed and watch Frasier with my earphones on so I don't disturb hubby.  In our area it comes on at 11:00 PM and I'll watch it until I fall asleep.  

I've always been a night owl.  Even during my working years I never went to bed before 11:00 PM.  

Respected Contributor

The only TV I watch is QVC when Graver, Isaac, D&C or Belle are on.  Don't watch the news anymore as it can be too depressing and one-sided.  I check the headlines on my computer and read the details if interested.  Have zero interest in "reality shows" and way too many on.

I spend my leisure time reading books instead of TV.  It has been years since shows that interested me were on; for example, St Elsewhere, Juding Amy, Cagney and Lacy, ER those types of shows I enjoyed watching in addition to the half hour comedies that were actually funny such as Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.

DH watches alot more than he used to as he is retired and this winter not much to do outside. 

Honored Contributor

I only watch tv in the evening. Maybe 9-12 pm depending on what shows I want to catch up on. 

Honored Contributor

since CV started I am watching less

not much new, and I might have watched all the Blue Bloods and Co shows

here there is not much I need so I turn it off

weird right, and I love TV

Honored Contributor

I won't even admit how much I watch!  Let's just say that I know it's entirely too much!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

my tv is pretty much on all the time when i am at home, ... mostly background noise, not anything that i am actually "watching".  

Honored Contributor

I had been spending far to much time watching TV. So I try not to turn on the TV until late at night when some of the old shows that I still enjoy are on.

I found if I started my day watching Burns and Allen, Make Room for Daddy, Leave it to Beaver etc in the morning, I just ended up sitting in front of the TV for hours. And got little accomplished. So I don't turn on the TV and don't end up wasting my day sitting in front of it. And the bathroom is sparkling.