Honored Contributor

Re: Honey Boo Boo's mother, June

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ Yes!  It is the WE network.  My Law and Order shows are on there so I have to look at those advertisements constantly.  I usually DVR the Law and Order shows so I can FF over the commercials.

I consider her a terrible mother only because she realizes how difficult life is for a person (especially a young person) who is terribly overweight.  Yet, she didn't do anything to direct those two young girls on what to eat and try to motivate them.

I only saw one commercial when June was arguing with the woman who married June's ex-husband about feeding Honey junk food.  I thought, "Hummm....she must be eating it at your house too or she wouldn't be that overweight.  It must be for the benefit of the show."

I think it is a parent's responsibility to raise children (also taking into account their personality) to have them enjoy life and learning to get along with everyone.  I think that makes for healthier adults.  

It's interesting to me people who just hate everything and don't enjoy something (anything) in life.  It is so sad.  Honey seems happy enough right now but as she gets older she'll experience difficulties especially with her health.

@Annabellethecat66

I don't watch this show, but I did read on a news site that June's personal trainer went through their pantry and thew out all of the 'junk food' and HBB pitched a royal fit.

The new step-mom & Sugar Bear then took HBB out to eat and step-mom deliberately let HBB order one of every dessert on the menu to take home with her, just to spite June.

June threw them out. If anyone is 'exploiting' HBB, IMO it's the vindictive step-mom.

(Can't post a link to the article because it shows her surgery for excess skin on her stomach and breasts, too graphic.)  

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Sugar Bear isn't married yet.  The wedding is coming up and June was given a dress by the kids (size 4).  Meanwhile, she is in so much pain from the skin surgery, that she doesn't even care about the wedding or the dress, etc.....

Sugar Bear's new g/f is twice the size that June ever was.  I think the wedding will be coming up in the next show.

Honored Contributor

I saw a clip of HBB saying to her mother, I'm not jumping on this bandwagon. The poor child is already very obese, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I have an idea that fast food and junk food is the backbone of this families diet

I wonder if thie child has ever tasted a piece of fruit? 

Respected Contributor

I heard she has had the surgery and they say you will be shocked- she's supposed to be doing GMA and making all the rounds next week or so. 

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Now she's smaller than her daughters. I wonder if she'll be able to keep the weight off. The girls definitely need some help with their weight.

Unless they also fixed whatever it was that made her eat like a pig, she has little if any chance of keeping the weight off. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm from a time who enjoyed wonderful writing and true actors. RT holds no interest housewives series absurd decadence. How can anyone? Justify supporting June? She is unfit Mother in more ways than one. Allowing Sexual Pedo!! Into her home is unacceptable!! Then there is the children's health. Omy! TCL should be ashamed.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity I don't think they are on TLC anymore.  I think they are on WE network.

Here:http://www.wetv.com/shows/mama-june-from-not-to-hot/videos/season-01/mama-june-from-not-to-hot-trail...

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Sugar Bear isn't married yet.  The wedding is coming up and June was given a dress by the kids (size 4).  Meanwhile, she is in so much pain from the skin surgery, that she doesn't even care about the wedding or the dress, etc.....

Sugar Bear's new g/f is twice the size that June ever was.  I think the wedding will be coming up in the next show.

@sophiamarie

They were married earlier this year. The current shows that they're showing now were filmed earlier.

Photos from their wedding posted 2/3/17 from People magazine:

http://people.com/tv/here-comes-honey-boo-boo-mike-sugar-bear-thompson-wedding-exclusive-photos/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I heard she has had the surgery and they say you will be shocked- she's supposed to be doing GMA and making all the rounds next week or so. 

@hoosieroriginal

From what I read, she had the excess skin from her stomach and breasts removed and is in so much pain, that she says now that she won't have her 'turkey neck' and 'batwings' done.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity I don't think they are on TLC anymore.  I think they are on WE network.

Here:http://www.wetv.com/shows/mama-june-from-not-to-hot/videos/season-01/mama-june-from-not-to-hot-trail...

Shouldn't be on period. Sad commentary on our values. Thankfully! Don't know what channel because choose to boycott.