Honored Contributor

Re: Hoda Kotb, 52, Adopts Baby Girl

@Hoovermom wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

You mean Jenna Bush Hager? I think she's great! But I do like her better with Hoda when Kathie Lee is gone. Would love to see permanent hosts with Jenna and Hoda! Woman Happy

LOL, this is what makes our world so wonderful, we all like different things.

@Hoovermom I agree and add: It's even more wonderful when we can express our differences and not be subjected to ridicule or condemnation. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@JaneMarple There was no "snark" about nannies. Speaking for myself, I simply stated the fact that she wouldn't face the same difficulties that less fortunate mothers would face because she will undoubtedly have help.  

Thank you!  Why do some insist that pointing that out is a 'bad' thing?

Honored Contributor

@Tique I totally agree with you about each of us being able to speak our minds about things.

It's not difficult to see how we are slowly loosing our right to free speech, I believe.  It is happening everywhere.  It's ironic to me that these celebrities  who give us their opinion have the support of their co-horts as long as it's the same as their's UNTIL it's something different and then they are drummed out of the 'group'.

I was always taught smoking was filthy (even in the 50's) and I hate it but if someone wants to smoke and it doesn't affect ANYONE ANYWHERE then they can do it.  Maybe that's just me.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@JaneMarple There was no "snark" about nannies. Speaking for myself, I simply stated the fact that she wouldn't face the same difficulties that less fortunate mothers would face because she will undoubtedly have help.  

So why the dig at Hoda and other celebrities for having Nannies @SydneyH?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

So why the dig at Hoda and other celebrities for having Nannies @SydneyH?

It's not a 'dig' nor do I require your approval to post my opinons on any topic, thanks @JaneMarple.  Since you seem to be offended though, everyone knows that a woman of modest means would NEVER in a million years be able to adopt a child at that age.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

You mean Jenna Bush Hager? I think she's great! But I do like her better with Hoda when Kathie Lee is gone. Would love to see permanent hosts with Jenna and Hoda! Woman Happy

@Hoovermom I agree and add: It's even more wonderful when we can express our differences and not be subjected to ridicule or condemnation. 

I always get pounded for saying this, but I hope the child is raised with some family her age. As an only child of older parents, it isn't easy if you are the last of the tribe by many years and dealing with the older generation.  

You are all talking about the mother--but children in that situation sometimes have a hard road too.  Don't forget that aspect. 

Honored Contributor

It's sad that some think a 52 year old woman is too old to adopt a baby.

Recently there was a thread about George Clooney being too old to become a first time father. Yet, I remember a thread praising Tony Randall for becoming a first time father at 77. (his wife was 50 years his junior)

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I always get pounded for saying this, but I hope the child is raised with some family her age. As an only child of older parents, it isn't easy if you are the last of the tribe by many years and dealing with the older generation.  

You are all talking about the mother--but children in that situation sometimes have a hard road too.  Don't forget that aspect. 

Yes, I have a relative that is much older and he was quite often mistaken as his children's grandfather, that was hard on the kids. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Yes, I have a relative that is much older and he was quite often mistaken as his children's grandfather, that was hard on the kids. 

My aunt was almost old enough to be my grandmother and often mistaken for that--I felt sorry for her.  My dad was older than my mom--old enough to BE my grandfather.  Do the math.  If your mother is 50, then when you are 30 she is 80.  And you are alone as the child, sometimes their health is failing, you're trying to get started in the world as an adult, and that is a lot to juggle.  A LOT.