Honored Contributor

Re: Hoda Kotb, 52, Adopts Baby Girl

I think it's wonderful that she has a baby.  Just looking at her, loving that little girl, you know GOD has blessed both of them.

My late husband and I used to talk about adopting a child BEFORE we had a baby so the adopted child would have been the first 'born'.  

However, we ended up waiting 7 years to have our first biological baby and just ran out of time.

I wish people would adopt older children.  It's like a puppy or a kitten.  Everyone wants the tiny baby, puppy or kitten but there are older children who need adopting too.  Say what you will about Madonna but one thing she does that I DO approve of is she adopts older children.

I'm not busting on anyone (I would love to snuggle with that sweet baby) but I'm ALSO just saying I wish more people would adopt older children TOO.  

I often watch Hoda and Kathy Lee and Hoda seems genuine and sweet.  I think she'll make a wonderful Mom. Age has nothing to do with the kind of mom you are and I don't understand how saying someone's age has become the equivalent of calling them a negative word.  Hoda has enough money she'll be able to hire help, so there again, age has nothing to do with it.  I do understand what the poster said about being glad she's not pregnant (age-wise).  It takes a lot of energy to raise a child.  However, if ever there was something in life worth doing, it is raising a child to grow up a good citizen of the world. 

Somehow I just know Hoda will raise this lucky child to be a good citizen of the world.

Honored Contributor

Most of us who had kids at a younger age are probably thinking that's something we wouldn't want to do at 52.  But for someone who, for any reason, did not have kids when they were younger but always wanted to, and the opportunity presented itself (at 52), it would be a blessing.

I had my kids in my later twenties and early thirties.  I am among those who would not want to go that route in my fifties.

Hoda will make a great mom; congratulations to her!

Honored Contributor

Lots of grandparent are raising their grandkids, today. It's really no different, except she chose to do it.

I'm not saying the grandparents don't love their grands ,just that the age thing ,isn't that unique now

All children, need a home where they can be safe ,and loved. God bless all who provide one

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Hoda and to her new baby. Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

She can afford several nannies, housekeepers etc..... she is not the average 52 year old Mother.

Honored Contributor

I love Hoda and KLG!  Good for Hoda!  She will be a great mom!!!  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1:  I love watching KLG and Hoda also but wondering who will fill her slot while she is gone.   Not to be negative but I surely hope it is not the one who filled in today.  Just saying LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@winamac1:  I love watching KLG and Hoda also but wondering who will fill her slot while she is gone.   Not to be negative but I surely hope it is not the one who filled in today.  Just saying LOL.

LOL

I was at work.  Who was it?  Was it JB?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRL wrote:

I wonder if the boyfriend is on board with this.......(I know I'm opening up a whole new can of worms, so go ahead and blast me).  Maybe the're not even stll together, but if they are, they'll both be parenting this child.........

@HULAGIRL yesterday when I saw this story on Inside Edition, they announced that Hoda's boyfriend, Joel Schiffman, would be raising Haley Joy with her.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations to Hoda and her new baby girl. All the best as Hoda embarks on a new chapter in her life. 

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~