Respected Contributor

Did anyone watch the 2-hour Hoarders (1/22/17) about the woman who lived in a 31-room house?  Two guys bought the place, including the woman and her stuff.  I was on the edge of my seat as to how it would turn out!!!

Trusted Contributor

I did watch it and couldn't look away. I thought after awhile that the new owners, who rightfully owned the mansion and all its contents, should have made her leave the property and just cleared everything out. I think the situation dragged on far too long and she was not cooperative, so the time for niceties was over and someone should have just ended the drama.

Respected Contributor

I watched some of it but didn't see the ending.  What happened? 

Respected Contributor
Spoiler
How very kind the new owners were to her. How very tragic mental illness can be. 
Trusted Contributor

This episode was so difficult to watch.

I do not think anyone involved did Sandra any favors. This woman needed far more help than anyone there could offer.

I kept saying to my husband, she needs to be in a facility. She is in need of help desperately. It felt expoloitve to me.

And I like Matt Paxton, I understood his frustration completely. If I were there I would have yelled at her too.

I think she should have been removed from the property. The owners could have still had the auction for her valuable items and given her the money. I can't imagine how hard it was for them to watch all this transpire.

And Luther, the man of complete patience and understanding. What a kind caring man.

I wish there was a followup to where Sandra is now. Is she getting help? Does she have a place to live? I hope she has gotten help.

But I read this was the series finale. I guess we will never know.     

Trusted Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

This episode was so difficult to watch.

I do not think anyone involved did Sandra any favors. This woman needed far more help than anyone there could offer.

I kept saying to my husband, she needs to be in a facility. She is in need of help desperately. It felt expoloitve to me.

And I like Matt Paxton, I understood his frustration completely. If I were there I would have yelled at her too.

I think she should have been removed from the property. The owners could have still had the auction for her valuable items and given her the money. I can't imagine how hard it was for them to watch all this transpire.

And Luther, the man of complete patience and understanding. What a kind caring man.

I wish there was a followup to where Sandra is now. Is she getting help? Does she have a place to live? I hope she has gotten help.

But I read this was the series finale. I guess we will never know.     

At the very end of the episode, they did show that she accepted aftercare therapy and was living in a trailer on a friend's property.

I also thought this woman should have been removed from the property.  She had a lot of nice things that could have been sold or at least donated rather than dumped in a landfill. 

The homeowners were sure nice people, tho, and put up with her alot longer than many others would have.  Very sad episode.