Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I haven't seen Virginia Madsen in a few years, but I agree that she is quite beautiful -- always was.  

Honored Contributor

Here she is:

Image result for show me a recent picture of Virginia Madsen in American Gothic

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Here's the front cover of Star Magazine.  I still think she's lovely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3733509/Heather-Locklear-sparks-concern-s-spotted-looki...

Concerning: Heather Locklear is pictured out in Calabasas recently appearing puffy faced as she picked up supplies from a neighbourhood store 

She's younger than I am and she looks older than I am.  I was never a fan but I'm not against her.  She had work done and of course that means fillers and doing things here and there.  She's way past playing the young wholesome female.  She looks bloated and maybe she can play a mother in law or older aunt or just the middle aged woman.  I know she never like her backside and would wear padding to give her some oomph. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I'm watching her now on Tyler Perry's new TLC show called Too Close To Home. Anyhow, I am shocked because I think she looks awful. It appears she's had a LOT of work done on her face. It looks so puffy and her eyes look huge. I just wondered if anyone else saw her? 

@colliemom4

I watched the first episode last night.  OMG.  I don't mean to pick on her, because I always liked her and thought she was lovely in a very wholesome, fresh way.  But, she looked really terrible.  I don't know if part of it was the way they made her up for the role she is playing or what.  Her face --- so much heavy makeup --- she looked like a wax figurine!  And the way she was talking --- like she could barely move her lips -- too much filler maybe?  And as for the acting --- I thought she was terrible --- very wooden --- either that --- or her lines were terrible.

I am on the fence about this show.  Truthfully, I was not really impressed.  I will watch again, just to see.  But I did not think the plot, or the acting was very good ---- at all.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 I haven't seen Virginia Madsen in a few years, but I agree that she is quite beautiful -- always was.  

@Citrine1

I think she looks really good and I think she looks great in her new show.  I have always liked her! 

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

I keep looking at Simon Cowell too. I swear it looks like he's had fillers in his cheeks ugh. Stop!

Yeah I think the same thing every time I see him.  He has chipmunk cheeks and I keep wondering what happened to him.  And, even though he's British (lol), he's got quite a set of pearly whites on him.  I know he's a heavy smoker so, no doubt, he had them whitened.

I liked his face much better "before".

@Citrine1

He does look like a chipmunk.  His cheek bones look too high and it makes his eyes look tiny and squinty.  Not a really good look for him.  

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

Aww, I didn't think she looked so bad.  Yes, it's obvious she's had work done, but like another poster mentioned, it must be very difficult to have once been so beautiful and then for her to see her looks fading away.  She still looks good -- just different.  And maybe part of that has to do with her role.  Maybe, in real life, she looks more like the Heather we remember.  But I'm with you, @Lipstickdiva; she was certainly recognizable.

I recorded it as well @chickenbutt.  Started watching it this morning, but decided to run out and cut the grass before it got too hot, so I only got through the first 40 minutes or so.  I'm liking it so far.  And the guy that plays Brody -- well, he's just a big gulp of deliciousness if you ask me.  I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the show tonight.  

@Citrine1

LOL...I LOVE IT!!!

@ChiliPepper

Brody ---- Now there is a cutey-pie!!!  

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty

I agree - sometimes changing the teeth can really alter the appearance so much that it detracts rather than adds to a person's appearance.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I'm watching her now on Tyler Perry's new TLC show called Too Close To Home. Anyhow, I am shocked because I think she looks awful. It appears she's had a LOT of work done on her face. It looks so puffy and her eyes look huge. I just wondered if anyone else saw her? 

@colliemom4

I watched the first episode last night.  OMG.  I don't mean to pick on her, because I always liked her and thought she was lovely in a very wholesome, fresh way.  But, she looked really terrible.  I don't know if part of it was the way they made her up for the role she is playing or what.  Her face --- so much heavy makeup --- she looked like a wax figurine!  And the way she was talking --- like she could barely move her lips -- too much filler maybe?  And as for the acting --- I thought she was terrible --- very wooden --- either that --- or her lines were terrible.

I am on the fence about this show.  Truthfully, I was not really impressed.  I will watch again, just to see.  But I did not think the plot, or the acting was very good ---- at all.  

@AngelPuppy1 

Yes. I feel the same way. I've always adored Heather and was not trying to pick on her either. I was just shocked. She's always been so pretty. How sad that she's had all of this bad work done. I'm going to give this show one more shot. It was ok, but not something I feel like I just have to watch.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched the first episode last night.  Once I stopped being confused between two of the women, I was on board and will keep watching - for now, anyway.

As to Heather - The first thing that jumped out at me was that massive amount of make up.   Gadzooks!   Then there was this nose-cheeks thing that was a bit unsettling.    I just had trouble getting past the amount of severe make up and I couldn't even tell you one thing that the character said.  I think that other than the thing with her nose and the cheeks that went right up to her nose she looked fine.   That was just very unusual.