Respected Contributor

Anyone seen this new Quentin Tarantino movie?  Has a lot of good actors in it.

Esteemed Contributor

No I will not see this because of the directors comments about police officer. I got on my Facebook page to boycott it and I will. It bombed in the theaters. Free speech is the right of the director is his right and voting with our wallet is our right.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I won't be seeing it either for the same reason as above..  

A lot of great actors in it is true, and a director who is moderately good IMHO but too violent for my tastes and I was absolutely appalled by his public statement.  The only way I can show my disregard for this man's political view is to not give him my money.  

And I won't from here on....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

When the movie script was "leaked" accidently on purpose, I downloaded & printed it out.  Read it over the summer.  Pretty good reading.  Will not see the movie.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

DH and I saw it...we thought it was a typical B movie that you see Kurt Russell in .....it almost seemed like a spoof western to us...we enjoy good westerns.. Usually Kurt's movies aren't the best...just mediocre...we felt that this was a typical Kurt Russell movie...DW

Trusted Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

No I will not see this because of the directors comments about police officer. I got on my Facebook page to boycott it and I will. It bombed in the theaters. Free speech is the right of the director is his right and voting with our wallet is our right.

It didn't do well in the theatres but, as of a recent article, it is expected to gross $55M in the US alone and projected to do at least that well around the world.  So despite his controversial statements, he will make a handsome profit.   Frankly I had never even heard of it until recently and have no desire to see it. 

Valued Contributor

I saw it and rate it a C.  It was just okay. The acting and scenery was good but the story was just stupid. Unmemorable. 

Honored Contributor

DH and I saw it right after it came out.  We really enjoyed it as we really like everyone who was in it.

We really enjoy the edge of Tarantino movies.

Trusted Contributor

I heard it wasn't doing that well because of Tarentino's remarks. That's why I won't be going to see it, as well.

Respected Contributor

I saw it New Year's Eve.  The only thing I liked about it was the outdoor scenes of the stagecoach and horses running in the snow.  The rest was ugly.  And it was 30 minutes too long.  I don't recommend it.