Honored Contributor

Has anyone watched PBS' Northanger Abbey or BBC's The Aristocrats?

On youtube I found the entire Northanger Abbey and The Aristocrats.  Both of these miniseries are period like Dowton and looked good.

Thanks for any help or other suggestions you may have!

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone watched PBS' Northanger Abbey or BBC's The Aristocrats?

[ Edited ]

Try Poldark. Another PBS period piece on Amazon Prime. Very good ... apparently a hit in the UK after a slow start. I'm enjoying it. More like a good Soap.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the BBC Blu Ray on Northhanger Abbey.  It is a period performance from a while ago.  Entertaining with some dark secrets. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

Try Poldark. Another PBS period piece on Amazon Prime. Very good ... apparently a hit in the UK after a slow start. I'm enjoying it. More like a good Soap.

Are you talking about the 2015 Poldark or the 1975 Poldark? I've only seen the remake and am looking forward to season 2.

If you like period drama, I've really been enjoying Mercy Street on PBS. It's set in a hotel-turned-hospital in Virginia during the American Civil War.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

Are you talking about the 2015 Poldark or the 1975 Poldark? I've only seen the remake and am looking forward to season 2.

If you like period drama, I've really been enjoying Mercy Street on PBS. It's set in a hotel-turned-hospital in Virginia during the American Civil War.

@ChynnaBlue yes the 2015 one in entirety now available on amazon prime. I'm almost finished with the first season and am looking forward to the second , like you too.Woman Very Happy I've seen a few mercy Street and am not crazy about it.

Frequent Contributor

2015 Poldark is fantastic!  Irish actor Aidan Turner, who portrays Ross Poldark, is tremendously talented.  Worth watching, for sure!