Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard anything about Elisabeth Hasselbeck's health?

On 10/18/2014 Linders Back said:

I'm a bit leery when someone who advocates for a healthy diet and lifestyle suddenly is reported to have ""mystery surgery"".

On The View she talked incessantly about her Celiac disease and her gluten free diet.

Honored Contributor

Well, my family and I are examples of people who have a pretty healthy lifestyle (well, some more than others).

However, one by one of us has had to have thyroid surgery. There are some things that you can do everything right and still have to have surgery. It doesn't make sense to think that someone won't need surgery just because they lead a healthy life style.

There are many things in life we can't control.

Respected Contributor

On 10/18/2014 annabellethecat said:

I just saw that said she wishes to have her privacy. I respect that. If she wants us to know her business, she'll tell us. Otherwise, other than wishing her well I don't think it's any of our business.

Many women have come out about their health issues. Probably others have not. It is a personal choice.

I respect that. I hope she and her family are well.

Thank you. I have no idea why people think because someone is on TV or movies that the public has a right to know every aspect of their lives. Can't imagine how awful that is. The speculation is totally disrespectful.

Super Contributor

someone on another site said that she heard it was breast cancer surgery. a preventative mastectomy.

Esteemed Contributor

I read that they suspect she has breast cancer and has had surgery. I guess time will tell.

Respected Contributor

On 10/19/2014 colliegirls said:

I'm a bit leery when someone who advocates for a healthy diet and lifestyle suddenly is reported to have ""mystery surgery"".

On The View she talked incessantly about her Celiac disease and her gluten free diet.

Do you realize that if you have celiac and you do not follow a gluten free diet you can develop stomach cancer? It is a serious matter not some frivolous way to lose weight. I don't particularly care for Ms. Hasselbeck but can appreciate her incessant speaking on this disease.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/20/2014 Caravaggio said:
On 10/19/2014 colliegirls said:

I'm a bit leery when someone who advocates for a healthy diet and lifestyle suddenly is reported to have "mystery surgery".

Do you realize that if you have celiac and you do not follow a gluten free diet you can develop stomach cancer? It is a serious matter not some frivolous way to lose weight. I don't particularly care for Ms. Hasselbeck but can appreciate her incessant speaking on this disease.

Yes, I understand but there are other even more serious diseases that people have but do not go on and on about. It was always all about her, is my point.

Honored Contributor

I suffer from colitis, my mother-in-law has Crohn's and celiac disease is another one of those digestive diseases that can be very debilitating.

Honored Contributor

Yes, loves, we have similar issues in our family. My middle daughter has Crohn's and I have it. My daughter also has celiac disease. If she eats the wrong thing she really suffers.

We also have defective thyroids. Mine is about to be removed. People have a lot of problems that other's can't see. I always said if I had a cut on my arm people would better understand because they could see it.

I know you probably feel that way some times.

Honored Contributor

On 10/20/2014 annabellethecat said:

Yes, loves, we have similar issues in our family. My middle daughter has Crohn's and I have it. My daughter also has celiac disease. If she eats the wrong thing she really suffers.

We also have defective thyroids. Mine is about to be removed. People have a lot of problems that other's can't see. I always said if I had a cut on my arm people would better understand because they could see it.

I know you probably feel that way some times.

Yes, if illnesses and/or diseases aren't visible people don't understand. Too bad there isn't more research going on for these debilitating diseases....