Respected Contributor

Hallmark Movie... Cranberry Christmas.

For those who watched this movie last evening, did you enjoy it?   As much of a fan as I am of Nikki DeLoach, I didn't like this movie at all.  

It seemed to go forever and I just didn't see any real plot to it.  It seemed like they were trying to combine Martha Stewart and Oprah into one movie.  

I know we say over and over how much better the Hallmark movies were in the past and this one was a perfect example of how the quality has decreased.

I feel both the male and female actors were too good for this poorly executed movie.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hallmark Movie... Cranberry Christmas.

I did not watch that movie, but did watch the one that they had before it - it's title was something to do with a "royal"....a Royal Christmas....or something like that.  I was only able to watch it for about 45 minutes, then started day dreaming, switching channels, etc.   

In my opinion, may be they should not have as many Christmas movies and if they did less may be they would have better stories, etc??

Occasional Contributor

Didn't like it much either! And I love Nikki DeLoach. But I loved One Royal Holiday! both leads were great! And the dance at the end....perfect! 

Honored Contributor

One Royal Holiday had two ladies that really sang well.  Sometimes Hallmark has actors playing the role of a singer but can't sing.  There was another movie the other day where two characters whiched lives and one guy sang much better than he acted.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Cranberry Christmas was just "okay".....not horrible, not great.

i REALLY enjoyed ONE ROYAL HOLIDAY and i am now DVRing it to watch again.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I turned Cranberry Christmas off, didn't like it at all and I like Nikki. The male actor is OK but that heavy 5 o'clock shadow makes him look evil to me. Don't mind him clean shaven.  I did the the Broadway stars in One Royal Holiday and thought the whole cast was a cut above. 

They are getting stale and now with Lifetime doing the same format I think I hit my sugar level. I am also getting tired of the same actors all the time. I do miss Jill Wagner and some of the non holiday Movies and Mysteries series. I do record so I can skip the commercials.

Honored Contributor

I took a pass... NIcki's all right, but couldn't get past that male lead, as is the case with so many of these movies... Often, you have to wonder what the supposed appeal is... Of course, it sometimes cuts the other way too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I enjoy Nikki DeLoach, but this one was not very good. Our Royal Holiday was OK (most Hallmark movies are just OK or worse. They are what they are). Laura Osnes and Aaron Tveit are really good Broadway stars. Nice to see them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop wrote:

I did not watch that movie, but did watch the one that they had before it - it's title was something to do with a "royal"....a Royal Christmas....or something like that.  I was only able to watch it for about 45 minutes, then started day dreaming, switching channels, etc.   

In my opinion, may be they should not have as many Christmas movies and if they did less may be they would have better stories, etc??

I could not agree more. I get so sick of 2 solid months of only Christmas movies that I am sick of Christmas before it even arrives. Also, the stories are all the same. Heroine works in the big city and is up for a promotion. Unfortunately, she has to go home to her family for the holidays and do her current long distance while saving the fmaily farm or some such thing. Coincidentally, her old boyfriend is home for the holidays as well, or still lives there, and they are thrown together. The heroine falls in love with her old boyfriend, turns down a job promotion in the big city, and decides to set up her own business in her hometown and live happily ever after with the old boyfriend. All the Hallmark movies follow this same type of storyline.

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@BunSnoop wrote:

I could not agree more. I get so sick of 2 solid months of only Christmas movies that I am sick of Christmas before it even arrives. Also, the stories are all the same. Heroine works in the big city and is up for a promotion. Unfortunately, she has to go home to her family for the holidays and do her current long distance while saving the fmaily farm or some such thing. Coincidentally, her old boyfriend is home for the holidays as well, or still lives there, and they are thrown together. The heroine falls in love with her old boyfriend, turns down a job promotion in the big city, and decides to set up her own business in her hometown and live happily ever after with the old boyfriend. All the Hallmark movies follow this same type of storyline.

and they all have dogs that falling love with each other, too.