Respected Contributor

I did not like it.  They never said why the girl was in prison and what caused her to become a different person.  I thought maybe they were going to find some medical reason that caused her to change and then it would be a big happy reunion between mother and daughter.  I just did not see the point of the show except to be depressing. 

Valued Contributor
I didn't like it either, especially the way Bailey was portrayed. I like her character when she's tough as nails, but last night, she was scared of that girl!!! So out of character for her!! I really wanted to see Alex, and what's going on with him.
Trusted Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:
I didn't like it either, especially the way Bailey was portrayed. I like her character when she's tough as nails, but last night, she was scared of that girl!!! So out of character for her!! I really wanted to see Alex, and what's going on with him.

Me too!

Jamma

Trusted Contributor

I wanted to know what the girl did to end up in prison.  And I kept holding out hope that her mom would at least come in and see her.  That part was sad.

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to say that the show was probibly intended to show Jo what prison life is like.  Now that she knows what Alexs life will be, she will fight to keep him from going to prison.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

W will see Alex next week, this episode came out of left field.

Honored Contributor

It seems they are going to have these single story line episodes from time to time.  They had one last season too, although I have forgotten what it was about.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

They left us hanging about Alex's fate on the last episode before the break, so I figured that last night would be all about him.  I did not like the show, felt it was so drawn out and yes, they sure portrayed Bailey as a wimp, totally out of character.  I don't know, seems to me since they got rid of Derek and many of the previous popular characters it's not the same show that I loved.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

It seems they are going to have these single story line episodes from time to time.  They had one last season too, although I have forgotten what it was about.

Yes, I remember that one, all of the docs were in the operating room thinking about past situations.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy--I hadn't thought about that, but I suspect you're right.  On the preview of next weeks' episode that was shown during Scandal, Jo tells someone that Alex is there because of her.  Hmmm...