Respected Contributor

Re: Greys Anatomy Fans

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN

Her Mom is Debbie Boone, her dad is Gabriel Ferrer ...she is related to Rosemary Clooney, Pat Boone, Jose Ferrer, George Clooney ...

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

I keep watching, but there are too many smart, capable female characters who act like emotional teenage girls. Ameilia? Maggie? April?

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I keep watching, but there are too many smart, capable female characters who act like emotional teenage girls. Ameilia? Maggie? April?

The whiiiiinnnneeee caliber is on high ALL the time. It's like a middle school, not a hospital. How many times has somebody been about to be operated on and someone goes in and yells at the surgeon, or starts yelling at the surgeon during the operation?  Ridiculous. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Wow...Maggie! It's pretty clear why her mother didn't want her to know until the possible last minute. Other than Maggie, the episode was done very well.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

It was directed by Ellen Pompeo.  She did a fab job.

Honored Contributor

Kelly McCreary did a fantasic acting job as the daughter (Maggie) whose mom was dying.  She had me in tears.  I hope it will get noticed what a good actor she is.

Ellen did a great job directing also.  Last night's episode was the best I have seen in a long time.

One thing that gnaws at me though.  How many girls did the great Dr. Webber father (legitimately and illegitimately)?  Which ones are Grey's sisters?  There are three of them, all brunettes, and I never know which one is which.  And although I have missed it from time to time, I have watched the series since it began.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Kelly McCreary did a fantasic acting job as the daughter (Maggie) whose mom was dying.  She had me in tears.  I hope it will get noticed what a good actor she is.

Ellen did a great job directing also.  Last night's episode was the best I have seen in a long time.

One thing that gnaws at me though.  How many girls did the great Dr. Webber father (legitimately and illegitimately)?  Which ones are Grey's sisters?  There are three of them, all brunettes, and I never know which one is which.  And although I have missed it from time to time, I have watched the series since it began.

@LilacTree   Dr. Richard Webber is the birth father of Maggie. Maggie's bith mother was Ellis Grey, who was also Meredith's mother. Maggie and Meredith are half-sisters. Dr. Webber has no other children athough he has been a surrogate father to Mer since the show began due to his love for and complicated relationship with Ellis.  The other brunette, Amelia, is Meredith's sister-in-law. She was the youngest of five sisters that Meredith's deceased husband, Derek, had.

ITA that Ellen did a wonderful job directing last night's episode.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@LilacTree   Dr. Richard Webber is the birth father of Maggie. Maggie's bith mother was Ellis Grey, who was also Meredith's mother. Maggie and Meredith are half-sisters. Dr. Webber has no other children athough he has been a surrogate father to Mer since the show began due to his love for and complicated relationship with Ellis.  The other brunette, Amelia, is Meredith's sister-in-law. She was the youngest of five sisters that Meredith's deceased husband, Derek, had.

ITA that Ellen did a wonderful job directing last night's episode.

@Tique

OK Tique . . . does Maggie know Dr. Webber is her real father?  The way she greeted the other man made me think he is her real father, but the look on Webber's face made me think otherwise.

So Webber had a wife, and then had affairs with the old Dr. Grey and also this woman who is Maggie's mother?  And isn't he married to another woman now or is she his first wife?  Geez, I can't keep up with it.

Picking your brain now, LOL!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Greys Anatomy Fans

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@Tique

OK Tique . . . does Maggie know Dr. Webber is her real father?  The way she greeted the other man made me think he is her real father, but the look on Webber's face made me think otherwise.

So Webber had a wife, and then had affairs with the old Dr. Grey and also this woman who is Maggie's mother?  And isn't he married to another woman now or is she his first wife?  Geez, I can't keep up with it.

@LilacTree  thank you for the morning laughs. Richard was bad but not that bad. He only had an affair with Dr. Grey but apparently it was a very long and not discreet affair. Both of their respective spouses knew about it. Dr Grey and her husband split but Richard remained married to his wife, Adelle, until she died from Alzheimer's. Yes, Richard is now married to a doctor, Catherine Avery, the mother of Dr. Jackson Avery who was the first doctor who worked on Maggie's mother. Maggie does know that Richard is her father but the man who she greeted last night is her adopted father. He and her adopted mother divorced a couple of years ago. They weren't shown on screen but Maggie found out about it so it was featured indirectly in an episode . Every time something happens to her, it becomes her reason to treat everyone poorly and act like a spoiled brat. Maggie and Richard have only been in each other's lives for a few years. He didn't even know he had a daughter until she came to the hospital.

Extra info here: Richard Lawson who played Maggie's dad is married to Tina Knowles, Beyonces's mom.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@Tique

@LilacTree  thank you for the morning laughs. Richard was bad but not that bad. He only had an affair with Dr. Grey but apparently it was a very long and not discreet affair. Both of their respective spouses knew about it. Dr Grey and her husband split but Richard remained married to his wife, Adelle, until she died from Alzheimer's. Yes, Richard is now married to a doctor, Catherine Avery, the mother of Dr. Jackson Avery who was the first doctor who worked on Maggie's mother. Maggie does know that Richard is her father but the man who she greeted last night is her adopted father. He and her adopted mother divorced a couple of years ago. They weren't shown on screen but Maggie found out about it so it was featured indirectly in an episode . Every time something happens to her, it becomes her reason to treat everyone poorly and act like a spoiled brat. Maggie and Richard have only been in each other's lives for a few years. He didn't even know he had a daughter until she came to the hospital.

Extra info here: Richard Lawson who played Maggie's dad is married to Tina Knowles, Beyonces's mom.

@Tique

Wow, Tique, you should be in the entertainment business!!  I do now remember his wife who died from Alzheimers. Thanks again!!

Formerly Ford1224