Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January 2017 Thread, Spoilers

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Who beat up Franco? I didn't see any of this scene.  Was this on Monday that was again pre-empted in my area?

@PINKdogWOOD  No one knows.  He got bonked over the head and tossed into a warehouse with no bathroom or food for a week now.  

Honored Contributor

I am unexpectedly at home for GH viewing today which means pre-emption time.  I'm apologizing in advance.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

We have devolved to literal horror music when Nell appears on screen.  Smiley Sad

And I'm not spoiling but Sonny found his mafioso again with someone who sorely deserves it.  My boy!!  Smiley Very Happy

Oh and it's another whinefest.  Different day and characters.  Same violins.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

"What millenial do you know that uses a pen and paper to write something down?  Go ahead.  I'll wait.....

Answer:  They exclusively use their phones to type any and all information down.  

More ridiculous, lazy writing.  I'm over it. " 

@Laura14

Same reaction to the hospital charts.    What hospital still has the doctors with those physical charts in their hands. It's all on computers now. They wheel them in and everything is there. 

Helen852
Honored Contributor

Courtesy of @loveschocolate from the Y&R thread.  I am borrowing her post for our perusal and enjoyment.  Thank you @loveschocolate!!  

44th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, which will take place on Sunday April 30 in California. The pre-nominations have just been announced by The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) and were determined from 2016 work submitted by the soap opera actors, who were allowed to present up to two episodes, four minutes in total.

Soap opera daytime Emmy pre-nominations include…

Outstanding Lead Actor pre-nominees: "The Bold and the Beautiful's" Scott Clifton (Liam Spencer) and John McCook (Eric Forrester) "Days of our Lives'" Billy Flynn (Chad DiMera) and Vincent Irizarry (Deimos Kiriakis) "General Hospital's" Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) and Roger Howarth (Franco) "The Young and the Restless'" Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott), Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin), Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters) and Jason Thompson (Billy Abbott)

Outstanding Lead Actress pre-nominees: "The Bold and the Beautiful's" Heather Tom (Katie Logan) "Days of our Lives'" Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady), Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Brady) and Jen Lilley (Theresa Donovan) "General Hospital's" Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis) and Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) "The Young and the Restless'" Sharon Case (Sharon McAvoy), Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea Newman), Gina Tognoni (Phyllis Abbott) and Jess Walton (Jill Abbott)

Outstanding Supporting Actor pre-nominees: "The Bold and the Beautiful's" Obba Babatundé (Julius Avant) "Days of our Lives'" John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis), Wally Kurth (Justin Kiriakis) and James Reynolds (Abe Carver) "General Hospital's" Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos), Jeffrey Vincent Parise (Carlos Rivera/Dr. Joe Rivera) and Dominic Zamprogna (Dante Falconeri) "The Young and the Restless'" Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy), Sean Carrigan (Ben “Stitch” Rayburn) and Bryton James (Devon Hamilton)

Outstanding Supporting Actress pre-nominees: "The Bold and the Beautiful's" Anna Maria Horsford (Vivienne Avant) "Days of our Lives'" Judi Evans (Adrienne Kiriakis) and Kate Mansi (Abigail Deveraux) "General Hospital's" Finola Hughes (Anna Devane) and Michelle Stafford (Nina Reeves) "The Young and the Restless'" Eileen Davidson (Ashley Abbott), Stacy Haiduk (Patty Williams), Amelia Heinle (Victoria Newman), Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe Fisher) and Kelly Sullivan (Sage Warner)

Outstanding Younger Actor pre-nominees: "The Bold and the Beautiful's" Rome Flynn (Zende Forrester Dominguez), Pierson Fodé (Thomas Forrester) and Anthony Turpel (R.J. Forrester) "Days of our Lives'" James Lastovic (Joey Johnson) and Kyler Pettis (Theo Carver) "General Hospital's" Bryan Craig (Morgan Corinthos) and Tequan Richmond (TJ Ashford) "The Young and the Restless'" Jared Breeze (Max Rayburn)

Outstanding Younger Actress pre-nominees: "The Bold and the Beautiful's" Reign Edwards (Nicole Avant) "Days of our Lives'" Camila Banus (Gabi Hernandez), Olivia Keegan (Claire Brady) and Paige Searcy (Jade Michaels) "General Hospital's" Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina Corinthos Davis), Hayley Erin (Kiki Jerome) and Chloe Lanier (Nelle Hayes) "The Young and the Restless'" Hunter King (Summer Newman) and Alyvia Alyn Lind (Faith Newman)

The next round of voting, which will lead us up to the final nominations announced live on Wednesday March 22 at 2:00 PM on CBS' "The Talk," will be judged on 2016 material from up to four episodes max, totaling no more than twenty minutes. Please note, due to the small amount of actors/actresses submitted in the Outstanding Younger Actor/Actress category, those pre-nominated will carry over into the final nominations. As of yet, there is no word on whether or not the live ceremony will be televised, but Soaps.com will keep fans updated and will be back to deliver the final list of contenders for this year’s 2017 Daytime Emmy Awards!

I don't watch DOOL and B&B so I can't comment on them but I think Jason Thompson may get his first Emmy for Y&R.  He's done a really good job taking over that role.  I think Maurice didn't really do anything he hasn't done before this year and Roger as Franco is a joke.  They killed it when they made him bad again.

I also think NLG has it wrapped up for Lead Actress.  She has been acting her butt off with her attempted murder and now alcoholism.  If she doesn't get it, she was robbed which usually happens at the Emmys.

I'm a bit surprised Maura West isn't in here.  I thought her scenes especially after Morgan's "death" were extremely well done.

I also vote for Bryan Craig to repeat and Haley Erin as Kiki to get some love.    

Carlos has returned yet again for the prenoms.  Must have been his umpteenth death scene that turned them on.  

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate thank you for your list. I often peep in at your threads. You do an outstanding job. Wish we had something similar for GH.

@Laura14 thanks for re-posting the list.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I can say i enjoyed GH today.

At the end Sam finds Franco's note..what will she do with it??

Sonny..talking to Nelle hit home with her..tear fell down her cheek.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

I can say i enjoyed GH today.

At the end Sam finds Franco's note..what will she do with it??

Sonny..talking to Nelle hit home with her..tear fell down her cheek.

@cowboy sam  I have a buck that says Sam is kidnapped and thrown in with Franco who will probably have to deliver her kid.  Jason will drag himself from his hospital bed to rescue both of them and we finally have a Jason-Sam-Franco love moment.  

Valued Contributor

I watched the show Suits last night.  At the end they gave a preview of coming attractions, and there was Billy Miller (Jason) playing Harvey's brother again.  Where does he find the time?

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

We have devolved to literal horror music when Nell appears on screen.  Smiley Sad

And I'm not spoiling but Sonny found his mafioso again with someone who sorely deserves it.  My boy!!  Smiley Very Happy

Oh and it's another whinefest.  Different day and characters.  Same violins.

Totally agree @Laura14.  It was pit i ful.  The yellow piece of paper was laughable on many levels.  Sooooooo stupid.

It took me about 3 minutes to watch the whole epi last night  >>>>>>>>

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it