Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ January 2017 Thread, Spoilers

@corita wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

Did anyone catch it when Lucy called Felicia and said her plane was re-routed to CORINTH???

Good one, writers!!!

----------------------

I barely heard it but did not get the reference.  What or how does Corinth fit in with GH?? Cassadine Island???

The old ABC soap, Loving, took place in Corinth!  I never watched it, so I do not know what state is was in, but I did love the blast from the past!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

I just saw this tweet from Bradford Anderson regarding his replacement. 

"My sincere apologies again to #GH&the fans for backing out of these episodes. Big thanks&👏 to @BlakeBerris for stepping in w/ 2 days notice!"

So that may explain why he doesn't have the Spinelli mannerisms down.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I just saw this tweet from Bradford Anderson regarding his replacement. 

"My sincere apologies again to #GH&the fans for backing out of these episodes. Big thanks&👏 to @BlakeBerris for stepping in w/ 2 days notice!"

So that may explain why he doesn't have the Spinelli mannerisms down.

I appreciate his effort but he could fast forward through a one hour show to take a peek at who the character is.  We all do it every day.  Have remote, will FF.

Valued Contributor

Where else do we know Olivia Jerome from?  Was she on AMC or OLTL?  I wasn't watching GH when she was originally there.  

Figured today would be a wash with the presser and of course, nothing on Friday.  

Helen852
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@corita wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

Did anyone catch it when Lucy called Felicia and said her plane was re-routed to CORINTH???

Good one, writers!!!

----------------------

I barely heard it but did not get the reference.  What or how does Corinth fit in with GH?? Cassadine Island???

The old ABC soap, Loving, took place in Corinth!  I never watched it, so I do not know what state is was in, but I did love the blast from the past!!!

I did not know that.

I have noticed that they have used fairly famous movie lines in their dialogue before among the characters. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

@corita wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

Good one, writers!!!

----------------------

I did not know that.

I have noticed that they have used fairly famous movie lines in their dialogue before among the characters. 

---------------------

Thanks for the info.  No wonder it did not mean anything to me. I never watched Loving.  In fact, GH is the only soap I have ever watched for over thirty years!!

Valued Contributor

@Helen852 Tonja Walker played Alex on OLTL married to Asa Buchanan and Carlo Hesser.  She also played on other soaps.  She is a great villian... lol

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Valued Contributor

@chicagoan.  Thanks.  I knew her from somewhere. She was a great villain. 

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor

@chicagoan wrote:

@Helen852 Tonja Walker played Alex on OLTL married to Asa Buchanan and Carlo Hesser.  She also played on other soaps.  She is a great villian... lol

Ohmigoodness, I loved her on GH and as Alex on OLTL too.  

For that matter, I loved Asa AND I really liked Carlo Hesser too.  I liked just about everyone on OLTL especially in the 80's and 90's. I loved, loved, loved Tina as played by Andrea Evans.  Sighs...

When all the ABC soaps were still on, OLTL was pretty much my favorite, although I loved them all. I miss it still.  

Disappointed to turn into Thanksgiving today on GH, gag.  When they want to pre-empt why can't they show a classic episode from back in the day instead of something we just saw?  Snore.....

Valued Contributor

There was something I read on CDL about ABC now owning the character names from OLTL again (Todd & Starr Manning) and could the characters possibly be returning.  Reading further into the article, they pretty much said no way because right now there are too many characters and not enough budget and/or time to add more.  

Helen852