Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ February 2017 Thread, Spoilers

@Laura14 wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

To all of my GH friends who do not want OLTL actors/characters on GH, this is the soap world, people!  Actors/characters switch shows/networks all the time!  Ned is actually working two soaps at once! (as different characters), Roxy played the same role on GH and Ryans,  so did Rae and Skye and Tracy!!  We are not replacing any of our GH cast, but a strong SMART female would be just what GH needs! 

I am/was a viewer of all ABC soaps (except Loving, which was not aired here in Tulsa) since their inceptions and I miss them all dearly.

Although they are playing different characters, Bobbie, Hayden, Finn, Lulu, Franco, Jason, Sonny, Carly, Sam, Kevin, Scotty, Alexis (I will stop here) have all been on other soaps and have either taken over existing roles on GH or created new ones.

This is how TV, espically soaps work!!!

@redwingsgal  You can call me out by name.  I don't agree with you but ABC can do what they want with their show.  And I can do what I want with my viewing time.  I want to watch my characters not someone else's and that's my choice not ABC's.  

In my opinion, GH already has strong female characters in Tracy, Alexis, and Diane.  Check, check, and check.  I'd even throw Carly in there despite her ties to Sonny and Olivia has never been given a real chance to develop.  

I hope you enjoy the new show.  It sounds like you're the audience they want and I sincerely hope others out there join you. Sounds like ABC needs the eyeballs to pull out this stunt casting.  

I guess I was included in that also.  I agree with Laura about GH having enough strong female characters and would like to see more past actors return. 

Respected Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@kelsey17--Haven't you ever noticed that all fake preggers hold their stomachs?  Real, never seem to touch tummy all time. 

Maybe the faux baby belly is heavy and slips!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

Will she be Nora but in Port Charles? I'd like that! Maybe some other characters could return that way!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

With all due respect to the happy people, this is GH not OLTL.  Familiarize yourself with PC and our characters and start writing for them.  Don't give up.  OLTL was cancelled for a reason.

And if we are going to rip off Disney fairytales to give characters like Valentin a backstory, then please cancel this one as well.  It is just beyond ridiculous.  

I mean did Franco take an Uber to Liz/Baker's house?  And when the girl has to brush the guy's hair back after a kiss, do we not have enough money in the budget for scissors?  

Don't get me started on anything else like his fighting ability after walking away from his wheelchair.  

And Laura, check your spoiled brat of a daughter and Anna does know what it's like to lose a child.  Robin, like NIk, was "dead" for years too.  History people!!  Know the show's history!!  

I'm seriously about to move on.  But one more thing.  

Jason, last I checked, Sonny is on house arrest and gets arrested if he moves out of his home.  From the previews, it looks like we are rewriting that too.  

Why would I invest in this show any more when the entire story line is rewritten week to week?  Tristan Rogers just came back to Y&R.  I think I'm going to go play there for a bit. At least they only lose their minds once a month or so instead of every other day.  

Helpful hint:  some of the characters are supposed to be bipolar.  The writers are not.   

Doesn't life imitate art? Or, is it vice versa??? 😉

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

So isn't today's show giving us hints about who Nelle is and who she belongs to.  Have you all figured it out yet?  I think I got it.

I think I have a clue...

Spoiler
I think she is the daughter of Carly's adoptive father. That's why its ok for she and Michael to hook up! Every time Carly disses her adoptive father, Nellie fumes!
Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Laura14

Don't you ...even think about leaving ..if you try...... we hunt you down and bring you back screaming and kicking  !

Or, Sonny will send Jason, Max, or Milo to bring you back, and you won't have as comfortable a seat as you do now!😉

Respected Contributor

Spoiler
Maybe it's not Bentsen, but the real dad! That's how they could be a match! But, them Michael and Nelle would be sick, and she said she considered giving it up for him! Wait! Did Carly ever kill a guy? Or, take a husband from a family? I can't remember all her exes! Could she be a Zacara?
Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

So is Nelle John Benson's daughter. If so, how is she a match for Carly's daughter? Carly was adopted by the Bensons, but they he abandoned them. There would be no blood match, unless he was actually Carly's real father. Bobbi never said that. Did she get pregnant while she was a hooker? Did this Benson guy to to Ruby's brothel? What a twisted web. I'm beginning to doubt that Nelle is even the donor. And what does Jasper Jax then have to do with it? He knows something big.

@RainCityWoman, another of Celebrity Dirty Laundry's spoilers is that Nelle is the biological daughter of

Spoiler
John Durant, who is also the biological father of Carly.  Previously played by Corbin Bersen, who was the DA.

Ok, makes a lot of sense. But, how does that work with she and Michael? Or, did she mean she'd give up her plan for Michael just because he was nice, not to be his lover?

Respected Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

To all of my GH friends who do not want OLTL actors/characters on GH, this is the soap world, people!  Actors/characters switch shows/networks all the time!  Ned is actually working two soaps at once! (as different characters), Roxy played the same role on GH and Ryans,  so did Rae and Skye and Tracy!!  We are not replacing any of our GH cast, but a strong SMART female would be just what GH needs! 

I am/was a viewer of all ABC soaps (except Loving, which was not aired here in Tulsa) since their inceptions and I miss them all dearly.

Although they are playing different characters, Bobbie, Hayden, Finn, Lulu, Franco, Jason, Sonny, Carly, Sam, Kevin, Scotty, Alexis (I will stop here) have all been on other soaps and have either taken over existing roles on GH or created new ones.

This is how TV, espically soaps work!!!

The one I found most funny was when the new (I think he's still the one) Roman used to run a bar on the same soap! I can't remember his old character's name right now, but I like him better than as Roman! I think he had been in love with the sister who was a nun. Jake Kosicheck, I think it was!

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

So is Nelle John Benson's daughter. If so, how is she a match for Carly's daughter? Carly was adopted by the Bensons, but they he abandoned them. There would be no blood match, unless he was actually Carly's real father. Bobbi never said that. Did she get pregnant while she was a hooker? Did this Benson guy to to Ruby's brothel? What a twisted web. I'm beginning to doubt that Nelle is even the donor. And what does Jasper Jax then have to do with it? He knows something big.

@RainCityWoman, another of Celebrity Dirty Laundry's spoilers is that Nelle is the biological daughter of

Spoiler
John Durant, who is also the biological father of Carly.  Previously played by Corbin Bersen, who was the DA.

I vaguely remember that Corbin Bernson was on GH, but as I remember, he was not a nice guy at all. I just don't remember that he was related to Carly. Wow. This is a convoluted story. But what does Jax have to do with it. He has indicated that there's something he has done that he has regrets about, and he acts strange when Nelle is around.

Spoiler
Yeah, he was a crooked fed, I think. All I remember is Carly shot him just before he told her he was her father. He had kept her hostage while she was pregnant with Morgan(?). Sonny rushed in just after she shot him. He caused all kind of trouble!