Honored Contributor

Gaycation - VICE channel TONIGHT 9/7

I know there were a couple other Ellen Page (and Ian!) fans here for this lovely travel/documentary show.

A new season starts tonight (9/7) with a one hour episode in the Ukraine. 

Should be good.  This is such a good show, although I end up crying half the time at the horrible way that some people treat others.  But there are wonderful stories, too!  Smiley Happy

Ellen and Ian do a wonderful job.

Contributor

Re: Gaycation - VICE channel TONIGHT 9/7

Thanks for the reminder, I really enjoy watching this show. It is heartbreaking how cruel people can be to each other but Ellen and her friend do a great job and are very empathetic and caring with everyone they meet. It's too bad we all can't be kinder and more loving, hopefully someday we will be.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gaycation - VICE channel TONIGHT 9/7

Glad I'm not the only one!  Smiley Happy

One of numerous scenes that I will never forget (except I forgot which country they were in) was having an interview with a guy who killed anybody he thought to be gay.  He had killed quite a few people and was really horrible.

Of course, he was just such a big (in his mind) man that he wore a mask, so that you could not identify him, for the interview.   I'll never forget Ian's face as the man described killing all these people for only that ONE reason.

Ian and Ellen kind of discussed it in whispers and decided to tell the guy that they were gay.  Ellen asked him if he thinks they should die because they are gay.

It was just - just awful listening to him and other people like him.