Honored Contributor

Starring Emily Blunt -- love her

Somewhat disturbing this movie for me...

Lets just say nearly everybody in it was disturbed.

It does beg the question "What happens when a person sees another doing something they feel is wrong?"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

You need to clarify your question....

what is "wrong" to you may not be "wrong" to me.

do you mean illegal, committing a crime?

Honored Contributor

Re: GIRL ON A TRAIN

[ Edited ]

Love those shows that leave you thinking or asking a question when you've seen it. I like Emily Blunt too, haven't seen this yet. I think when it was discussed months ago in the Book Club on here, they really liked the book. I'll probaby wait and watch it on Netflix.

Honored Contributor

I read the book and then saw the movie, I personally preferred the movie, which I almost never say, but in this case  I did. I felt the movie was easier to follow, the book for me became kind of hard to follow....It was a very disturbing movie/book.......I did really like Emily Blunt in her role though-she did an excellent job!

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I read the book and then saw the movie, I personally preferred the movie, which I almost never say, but in this case  I did. I felt the movie was easier to follow, the book for me became kind of hard to follow....It was a very disturbing movie/book.......I did really like Emily Blunt in her role though-she did an excellent job!

@CANDLEQUEEN, DH & I just saw this movie last night.  I totally agree with you.  This is one of the rare times the movie actually measures up to the book!  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling

I need to think about your comment a bit more as to how it relates to this movie?

Spoiler
The point in the movie was that due to an abusive husband,  Emily Blunt had a very confused view and memory of what she had seen. Very "twisty"
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I really liked the movie.  Emily Blunt was fabulous in it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@LTT1, if you are looking for other thoughts about the movie, I know there have been a couple of threads about it.

I never read the book but saw the movie.  It was just okay to me.  It started off very weird and eventually picked up but by that time, I was a little over it.  LOL 

Valued Contributor

Loved this movie and hubby did too! I had read the book and loved that, so thought hubby would get into it,even after I told him they did a lot of back and forth scenes. It does ask many questions of what people are thinking as they ride trains ,planes, subways and stuff. Interesting.....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GIRL ON A TRAIN

[ Edited ]

I just went to Amazon and there are two books:

Girl on a Train      and

Girl on THE train.

I would love to order it - but don't know which one it is.  I googled Emily Blunt and it also gives both titles.  I am confused